B&W RESULT: Black and White Challenge #299…..Ends Apr 14

Corked B/W
IMG_20240411_185522.jpg

IMG_0398.jpeg

Surprise!
Photomator
(I used Photomator's AI masking to automatically select the background and subject separately for adjusting the lighting. I haven't used it much, but it did an excellent job of selecting the cactus out of all that other greenery.)

This challenge is now closed. It is up to, er, me to decide the winner of this round.
I’ll be back.

The BnW challenge has always been the hardest for me to judge. Black and white images have always been my favorites probably because they were what I took and developed with my first Miranda SLR.

There were four standouts for me and I’ve been bouncing between them all morning. Without choosing a 2nd, 3rd and honorable mention or such, because I like them all equally…here are a few favorites. Oddly the first two both involve mirror portraits.
djingonthenet Sean’s You Looking At Me…clever and cute.
1713105410182.png

Also rizole ’s Jade Sucking a Humbug (gotta even love the title) Also clever and purely human.

IMG_2201.jpeg

Another favorite terse Ted’s abstract of the Agave that never stops giving.
1713105849884.png

But my favorite of the week is an extraordinary ordinary object. zenjenny Jen’s Cracked Egg on the Kitchen Sink. I love everything about it. Reflection, the water spots on tray, the crack. Just everything.
1713106037421.png

The BnW challenge has always been the hardest for me to judge. Black and white images have always been my favorites probably because they were what I took and developed with my first Miranda SLR.

There were four standouts for me and I’ve been bouncing between them all morning. Without choosing a 2nd, 3rd and honorable mention or such, because I like them all equally…here are a few favorites. Oddly the first two both involve mirror portraits.
View attachment 201040
Also rizole ’s Jade Sucking a Humbug (gotta even love the title) Also clever and purely human.

View attachment 201042
View attachment 201043
But my favorite of the week is an extraordinary ordinary object. zenjenny Jen’s Cracked Egg on the Kitchen Sink. I love everything about it. Reflection, the water spots on tray, the crack. Just everything.
View attachment 201044
Congrats zenjenny!

View attachment 201040

View attachment 201042
View attachment 201043
View attachment 201044
Thank you, all cracking photos - one more cracking than the rest! Congrats to everyone and well done zenjenny !

Back
Top Bottom