MobiColour RESULT: MC #117 Theme: Primary Colors - April 23-29

I find that happens to me, too, with some themes. I can see a bunch of obvious photos, but they don't appeal to me. Sometimes I can work through it by shooting up a bunch of those to get them out of the way, so to speak, and then I'll start to see more interesting things.
It takes a bit of a conceptual readjustment I guess. It's a bit like a vastly condensed version of that quote: "Your first 10000 pictures are your worst."

B5616817-DE74-4E13-8AA9-CEB530981876.jpeg

An oldie from 2011 <gasp> refreshed in Snapseed.

I’m impressed with people who purposely shoot for the challenge... I mostly recycle old images. My work days are pretty non-photo inspiring.
When I joined mobitog and for several months after, I mined my back catalogue for the challenges. I was a bit over precious about the whole thing tbh.
But the challenges changed my practice and changed my eye. I'm able to mostly produce original stuff in real time because of the discipline of trying to meet the challenges goals. I think I'd be a poorer photographer with a more limited output of quality without this site.

When I joined mobitog and for several months after, I mined my back catalogue for the challenges. I was a bit over precious about the whole thing tbh.
But the challenges changed my practice and changed my eye. I'm able to mostly produce original stuff in real time because of the discipline of trying to meet the challenges goals. I think I'd be a poorer photographer with a more limited output of quality without this site.
That’s inspiring... :notworthy:

:notworthy:

View attachment 108692
I realize we’re working with red, blue and yellow primary colours - the painter’s paint mixing primaries. Why not the photographer’s primaries - red green, blue?
PureShot & Fusion.
Not trying to make it hard. I think a pop of yellow makes a photo more interesting.

If you want to go red, green., blue I’m ok with that.

I’m impressed with people who purposely shoot for the challenge... I mostly recycle old images. My work days are pretty non-photo inspiring.
Take a look around. I bet you will see these colors and find something interesting to shoot. For this and the BW challenge I usually just look back a couple of weeks but ideally see something new.

Back
Top Bottom