MobiColour RESULT: MC #117 Theme: Primary Colors - April 23-29

I'm back and already exhausted from judging this week's B&W challenge, but have summoned up enough energy to weigh in on this one. I went down a bit of a rabbit hole looking into some of the apps people used, plus some locational and artist googling to find out where terse 's Cathcart Street was located and who painted that fun mural.

Wow, you all really posted a lot of great colorful pix this week!

Without further ado.

First place:
FundyBrian - for "Alma fishing boats". When this shot first "sailed" by I knew it it was the one to beat. Brian's photo is a perfect "catch" of this week's primary colors, plus their reflections in the water. Stunning. And who wouldn't want their fish to be caught by a boat named Tuna Kahuna. You should print and frame this one!
8472924F-AAB5-4BA3-8240-D8BA59A2A3C6.jpeg

Runners up:
RoseCat - "Oldie from 2011", a store window, somewhere in NYC. I love this photo. Hope you find the name of the store as I would love to go there next time in in NYC. So much going on in what I imagine was a consignment store - the leopard blouse on the Jackie O mannequin, the red pone booth, the Remington typewriter, the vintage camera equipment. Great photo and a talented window dresser. So glad you kept the photo in your roll all of these years.

deepop - "The Brewery" - well I never heard of the Gloomlogue app but I did have Max Curve, which I am tempted to play with, although I've never quite understood curves... Really liked the effects David produced on this photo, and I'm pretty much always a sucker for reflections.

And a special mention to terse Ted for "Cathcart St." and his stride-by of artist Brian Barneclo's whimsical mural.

Congrats everyone - thanks for playing along with my theme.

I'm back and already exhausted from judging this week's B&W challenge, but have summoned up enough energy to weigh in on this one. I went down a bit of a rabbit hole looking into some of the apps people used, plus some locational and artist googling to find out where terse 's Cathcart Street was located and who painted that fun mural.

Without further ado.

First place:
FundyBrian - for "Alma fishing boats". When this shot first "sailed" by I knew it it was the one to beat. Brian's photo is a perfect "catch" of this week's primary colors, plus their reflections in the water. Stunning. And who wouldn't want their fish to be caught by a boat named Tuna Kahuna. You should print and frame this one!

Runners up:
RoseCat - "Oldie from 2011", a store window, somewhere in NYC. I love this photo. Hope you find the name of the store as I would love to go there next time in in NYC. So much going on in what I imagine was a consignment store - the leopard blouse on the Jackie O mannequin, the red pone booth, the Remington typewriter, the vintage camera equipment. Great photo and a talented window dresser. So glad you kept the photo in your roll all of these years.

deepop - "The Brewery" - well I never heard of the Gloomlogue app but I did have Max Curve, which I am tempted to play with, although I've never quite understood curves... Really liked the effects David produced on this photo, and I'm pretty much always a sucker for reflections.

And a special mention to terse Ted for "Cathcart St." and his stride-by of artist Brian Barneclo's whimsical mural. Congratulations to Brian; you can't beat the Tuna Kahuna.

Thank you, Leslie, for doing all the difficult (cerebral) work this week. Such a wonderful range of images this week. :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs: to Catherine. Thanks for a runner-up position.

Without further ado.

First place:

Runners up:

And a special mention to terse Ted for "Cathcart St." and his stride-by of artist Brian Barneclo's whimsical mural.

Well done Leslie! I appreciate all your effort, especially as you had two to handle today. :inlove: Excellent choice for the win....I just love @FundyBrian’s boats too.... Super Congrats Brian!!

I’m honored to share the HM stage with deepop David... <high five David!>, and another <high five> to terse Ted! Great stuff this week!! :D

Without further ado.

First place:
View attachment 108856

Runners up:

I’m surprised but delighted by the first place, especially with so many excellent images this week. Congrats to RoseCat, deepop, & terse for their wonderful images. I’m sure everyone who participated gained a lot from the experience. I’m always impressed by the creative ideas people come up with.
I guess that means I need to come up with a new theme for this week.

Back
Top Bottom