MobiColour RESULT: MC #147 Theme: Minimalism - Nov 19-25, 2018

Lone Star
4B4272DF-B70F-4BCF-9BF4-ACE919C13F13.jpeg

Found in my camera roll whilst looking for images to put on cards.
IPhone 8+, Stackables, Mextures

FundyBrian
something, an object, a line, and I could leave it at that, just one element, but there always seems to be one other thing to offset or complement the primary thing. For instance in the picture above, I made several others, some with only one arching stem, but somehow they seem too stark. As if there’s nothing happening, no story to be told.

A story or narrative needs a subject and a verb. Something [acting/being] in relation to something else. If you want to get really cute, at least one of the somethings can be implicit rather than explicit.

I’ve seen stark images of one stick::snow which felt perfectly ‘happening’ to my eye. I like your two sticks in the snow. And one of those sticks in the snow would work for me (ie without the other). Or the imprint of the stick in the snow.

Now I’m going to try to imagine as minimalist as possible an image with two implicit somethings :alien:

I believe we are all - humans, animals, plants, sea, sky, etc. connected and *one*..... but that’s a whole other topic/thread. :zip:

Mm, I know I feel more ‘as one’ with all the other molecules when I’m either the only human around in the sea or bush or if I can easily block out the other humans and focus on the sea or the bush. Doesn’t really sound like ‘as one’ when I put it like that, does it?

Mm, I know I feel more ‘as one’ with all the other molecules when I’m either the only human around in the sea or bush or if I can easily block out the other humans and focus on the sea or the bush. Doesn’t really sound like ‘as one’ when I put it like that, does it?
I hear you.... I have a harder time with people, for sure, especially if there are lots of them around (much easier to feel connected when it's one-on-one or just a couple people), and when I'm in nature it's so easy. But even if I don't "feel" connected, I know that, energetically, we all are.

FundyBrian
something, an object, a line, and I could leave it at that, just one element, but there always seems to be one other thing to offset or complement the primary thing. For instance in the picture above, I made several others, some with only one arching stem, but somehow they seem too stark. As if there’s nothing happening, no story to be told.

A story or narrative needs a subject and a verb. Something [acting/being] in relation to something else. If you want to get really cute, at least one of the somethings can be implicit rather than explicit.

I’ve seen stark images of one stick::snow which felt perfectly ‘happening’ to my eye. I like your two sticks in the snow. And one of those sticks in the snow would work for me (ie without the other). Or the imprint of the stick in the snow.

Now I’m going to try to imagine as minimalist as possible an image with two implicit somethings :alien:
Well done. You’ve hit my threshold of minimalism.

the three tips forming an imaginary triangle bringing the three together.

Not disagreeing either way, just noting that perceptually, 3 is a magic number. Even the golden section cuts things into 3.

I believe we are all - humans, animals, plants, sea, sky, etc. connected and *one*..... but that’s a whole other topic/thread. :zip:
Yes, I agree. Sometimes I distinctly have that feeling of oneness. Not very often. More so when I’m sitting on the land in the woods. There are different layers of experience I guess. On the Bay I feel a kinship with the basic elements in an overall sense. When the eagle flies overhead I recognize I cannot live in the sky. When I paddle nearby a curious porpoise I recognize I can’t live in the sea like a fish. In fact, being in the cold Bay of Fundy water could easily be a life threatening event.

Yes, I agree. Sometimes I distinctly have that feeling of oneness. Not very often. More so when I’m sitting on the land in the woods. There are different layers of experience I guess. On the Bay I feel a kinship with the basic elements in an overall sense. When the eagle flies overhead I recognize I cannot live in the sky. When I paddle nearby a curious porpoise I recognize I can’t live in the sea like a fish. In fact, being in the cold Bay of Fundy water could easily be a life threatening event.
I guess what I’m trying to say is something different.... I believe, whether or not we *feel* it, or whether or not we can literally experience it, we are all connected, energetically. Stuff like string theory, sacred geometry, etc. Again, probably another off-topic thread.

the entire world becomes simplified into three things, the sky, the rock cliff, and the sea, and then there’s me looking at it and feeling my place in the overall picture.

I believe we are all - humans, animals, plants, sea, sky, etc. connected and *one*.
I know I feel more ‘as one’ with all the other molecules when I’m either the only human around in the sea or bush or if I can easily block out the other humans and focus on the sea or the bush
On the Bay I feel a kinship with the basic elements
A slight digression...
I've always had slightly porous ego boundaries but parenthood is a psychological game changer. I'm very like my dad both physically and temperamentaly and my eldest is very like me in the same way.
One of my peak experiences/ fav memories happened when I was with my kids on a big field with a football and we were mucking about. There was movement, fun, laughter, sharing, connection, joy. It was very simple and clear and filling. For a while during this play my ego became so diffuse I simultaneously experienced being me and my father and son in the present, past and future. Lovely.

Back
Top Bottom