MobiColour RESULT: MC #73 Theme: Boats - June 19-25

I asked for boats…boy, did I get boats! And some fantastic photos at that! First, after “liking” a couple, I found I was “liking” too many of them, so I just played it quiet and turned into a lurker. Then, because there were so many good ones, I started to list my favorites a day early. After all, I had to judge the B&W as well. In addition, I wasn't going to be home most of Sunday.

I whittled it down to 17 (groan…too many that I liked). Next pass resulted in 12. Two more passes got my list to 8. Now I had to make the big decision. You guys are driving me crazy! But first, step away; take a walk; get some fresh air; clear my head; sing about the Big Blue Phrog.

FundyBrian with his Bay of Fundy boats and Idieuwke with her lovely sailing ships had the best collections. I loved both sets, but I have to pick one winner.

First place goes to idieuwke Dieuwke for her gorgeous renditions. It was hard to pick a single one. If you had posted only one, my job would have been so much easier. The edge goes to the first one - with the 4 masts. What app(s) did you use?
View attachment 95524
FundyBrian Brian, you were leading until Saturday (here) when you were bumped down a notch by Idieuwke. However you are awarded second place for your Waiting for Water (although your Ice Battered Boat was right up there).
View attachment 95526
Third place goes to ImageArt Ann’s Ghost ship. Very nice editing, Ann.
View attachment 95525
So many of you earned honorable mentions: SinnerJohn’s Broken; Jilly's Blakeley; MsDee’s Little Venice; Juryjone’s Passing Storm and Gouvy’s paper boat…ingenious!

All in all, a wonderful selection of boats were posted this past week. Everyone did a admirable job. I still have all my hair, only a little grayer. Now off to judge some black and whites.

Well, that was fun. Congrats to idieuwke for her wonderfully moody tall ships. Thank you kind sir for my second place. Well done ImageArt on 3rd. Well done to everyone who participated. We all learn a lot by taking part in these challenges.

Fabulous job Larry, well done to you too.

I certainly didn't envy you this task, and you made excellent choices Larry!

Hats off, Larry, you did a great job.

Well done, Larry. It sure was a toughie. All those wonderful boat images. I was glad I wasn't you.

Thank you so very much!!

Congrats, Larry - as well as interesting, beautiful, quirky, unusual boats

Thank you kind sir for my second place.

Thank you all so very much for the support.

Back
Top Bottom