MobiColour RESULT: MC #90 Theme: Circles - Oct 16-22

It seems like people had a lot of fun this week circling 'round the subject matter.
The top slot goes to Venomator for Blobs ‘n Stripes...So many elements to like. The fabulous colors, the contrasting stripes and circles, the varying sizes, the texture of the orbital paint. It has an optical illusion like quality where I get the sense that the orbs are the same size but the larger ones are closer to the lens and hovering off the underlying stripes. It grabs me every time I scroll by it. (I also really like his Pol Rogered, which I would put in first and half place.)
View attachment 100847

View attachment 100849

Second place goes to sinnerjohn's Unwanted Circle. I'm attracted to the skew-ness of it, the textured roof, the punkness( I mean pinkness), and most of all the UFO circling in from the right. Maybe unwanted, but certainly unexpected.
View attachment 100850

In third is Celine Lumiere and her Chandelier in a church. I have difficulty articulating why I'm drawn to it, but it involves the depth of field, and the graininess (which normally I'm not a fan of, but adds something intriguing here.)
View attachment 100851

Honorable mention to Starzee's Nearly All There with its muted colors and negative space.
View attachment 100852

The (h)APP(y) Award is shared by GroovyGouvy and her Plush Bunny
View attachment 100853
and FundyBrian's Onion face
View attachment 100854
Congratulations to everyone for another great week of pictures.
WOWSAS... :eek:

What can I say but thank you so much David, I am honoured and blushed all at the same time... :inlove: :rolleyes: :oops:

And huge congratulations to John, Celine, Star, Gouvy, Brian for thier markers and mentions and everyone else who particpated, a fabuloony week of circular funtasticness... :notworthy:

And thanks to David for a sterling job on judging this circular feast of fantastic iMagery... :thumbs:

Rog... :rog:

Last edited by a moderator:
It seems like people had a lot of fun this week circling 'round the subject matter.
The top slot goes to Venomator for Blobs ‘n Stripes...So many elements to like. The fabulous colors, the contrasting stripes and circles, the varying sizes, the texture of the orbital paint. It has an optical illusion like quality where I get the sense that the orbs are the same size but the larger ones are closer to the lens and hovering off the underlying stripes. It grabs me every time I scroll by it. (I also really like his Pol Rogered, which I would put in first and half place.)
View attachment 100847

View attachment 100849

Second place goes to sinnerjohn's Unwanted Circle. I'm attracted to the skew-ness of it, the textured roof, the punkness( I mean pinkness), and most of all the UFO circling in from the right. Maybe unwanted, but certainly unexpected.
View attachment 100850

In third is Celine Lumiere and her Chandelier in a church. I have difficulty articulating why I'm drawn to it, but it involves the depth of field, and the graininess (which normally I'm not a fan of, but adds something intriguing here.)
View attachment 100851

Honorable mention to Starzee's Nearly All There with its muted colors and negative space.
View attachment 100852

View attachment 100853
View attachment 100854
Great judging David, with all of those circles. Well done my darling (you know who you are:rog:). Congrats to John and Celine for second and third. Snaps to Star for her HM. And I love the (h)APP(y) Award. Maybe one that we could keep going forward.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Thanks David, for theme that invites so much creativity :notworthy: :) :thumbs:
I loved all the interpretations - and esp your choices for the wins & HMs (and your new category :lmao:)

Congrats Venomator (nice birthday-ish treat :inlove:) sinnerjohn Celine Lumiere Starzee GroovyGouvy FundyBrian - I haven't been here much this week but have enjoyed a quick browse every day :inlove:

And what challenge does the now mumble-aged Rog have in store for us?

Thanks David, for theme that invites so much creativity :notworthy: :) :thumbs:
I loved all the interpretations - and esp your choices for the wins & HMs (and your new category :lmao:)

Congrats Venomator (nice birthday-ish treat :inlove:) sinnerjohn Celine Lumiere Starzee GroovyGouvy FundyBrian - I haven't been here much this week but have enjoyed a quick browse every day :inlove:

And what challenge does the now mumble-aged Rog have in store for us?
Thank you Jennifer, surprised me too I can tell you... :whistle:

Vessels... :D

Of course... :rog:

View attachment 100847

View attachment 100849

View attachment 100850

View attachment 100851

View attachment 100852

View attachment 100853
View attachment 100854

You went through yet another tough judging and made it great again. Congrats to this! [emoji322][emoji108]

Another hive of applause followed by congratulations to Venomator. Like David I always came back to your 1st class blobs picture and I hope I'm not impolite to ask you to burst the bubble and tell us (or at least me [emoji4]) what the heck is it??

Further kudos to sinnerjohn and Celine Lumiere as well as the HMers Starzee and FundyBrian.

And hey, thanks for mine! I'm twice honoured to be the first with a (h)APP(y) award. [emoji1][emoji111]️[emoji144]‍♀️

Another hive of applause followed by congratulations to Venomator. Like David I always came back to your 1st class blobs picture and I hope I'm not impolite to ask you to burst the bubble and tell us (or at least me [emoji4]) what the heck is it??
Why thank you Gouvy... :thumbs:

It is a well hidden trade sekrit and I am duty bound under penalty of... :eek:

Oh, alright then, as it’s you... :D

F1EBC3BA-B66F-4659-A4E0-38A595A6A752.jpeg

Why thank you Gouvy... :thumbs:

It is a well hidden trade sekrit and I am duty bound under penalty of... :eek:

Oh, alright then, as it’s you... :D

View attachment 100900

[emoji54][emoji50][emoji44]Woooooow! I'd NEVER expected that! That is wonderful, brilliant and extra clever! Now I double up the thought of your image is gobsmacking! It's also mind bending and pure eye candy. And somehow sooo poppy hippie 70's. Love it even more now. [emoji7]

Back
Top Bottom