MCC Rules:
  • Mobile photography colour images
  • Please list device/s and apps used to create your image
  • Winner will choose theme/no theme and judge the next MCC
  • Please see the Rules and Guidelines for MobiChallenges posted HERE
Judge: terse Ted

Theme: No Theme

Last edited by a moderator:
How did you do it? I've use snapseed to add and enhance a flat pic with colour but never coloured a B&W. Nice work.
It was a multi step process. First off I applied the Morning filter that added a golden colour to the photo, which was great for the sandy beach. I then used a lot of white balance temperature shifts + colour tinting and applied that in a mask for the top part of the photo so not to alter the colour of the beach. I did do another where I masked out the island and left it in monochrome with the sky and sea blue (as it is now) which gave it yet another dimension. To finish off I raised the shadows of the island and think I added ambience to the photo to give it more pop and structure.

I have added the original to a few things that caught my eye, to give you an idea of the evolution of the picture.

Last edited:
It was a multi step process. First off I applied the Morning filter that added a golden colour to the photo, which was great for the sandy beach. I then used a lot of white balance temperature shifts + colour tinting and applied that in a mask for the top part of the photo so not to alter the colour of the beach. I did do another where I masked out the island and left it in monochrome with the sky and sea blue (as it is now) which gave it yet another dimension. To finish off I think I added ambience to the photo to give it more pop and structure.
I usually use it to change to BnW. :lmao:

It was a multi step process. First off I applied the Morning filter that added a golden colour to the photo, which was great for the sandy beach. I then used a lot of white balance temperature shifts + colour tinting and applied that in a mask for the top part of the photo so not to alter the colour of the beach. I did do another where I masked out the island and left it in monochrome with the sky and sea blue (as it is now) which gave it yet another dimension. To finish off I raised the shadows of the island and think I added ambience to the photo to give it more pop and structure.

I have added the original to a few things that caught my eye, to give you an idea of the evolution of the picture.
:thumbs:

HMs to everybody who pitched in -- djingonthenet, rizole, Disastrous Wolf 7126 , Starzee, and me. Not the best time to choose no-theme, apparently, but you all did good work.

Our winner this round is rizole's "Puddle" (although his charming "Photo bombed" was close).

img_20240312_121158-01-jpeg.200637

Special mention to djingonthenet for his explanation of how he created "Ghost Island" :notworthy:

img_20221017_121550-01-jpeg.200544

Back
Top Bottom