Solar Eclipse

Good luck with your documentary Aaron, look forward to seeing the results here... ;)

Have you got a telescope or pair of binoculars you can tripod mount and focus the iPhone through, it is an excellent way to add telephoto to your iPhone... :D

Have you tried photographing through a telescope or binoculars? I once photographed through a microscope with my iphone. It was hard and it did not look great but with some patience and practice I believe it could look almost alright.

Good luck with your documentary Aaron, look forward to seeing the results here... ;)

Have you got a telescope or pair of binoculars you can tripod mount and focus the iPhone through, it is an excellent way to add telephoto to your iPhone... :D

Thanks Rog, I'll try and get my hands on something. Great ideas.

Have you tried photographing through a telescope or binoculars? I once photographed through a microscope with my iphone. It was hard and it did not look great but with some patience and practice I believe it could look almost alright.

I will have to give it a go, I just don't want to miss the event mucking around with gear. :)

Hey Aaron after watching some funny clips of people falling and such on youtube I found one clip called doc's guide: the big guide to hipstamatic. At the end of the clip he shows a pretty sweet photo of the moon taken with an iphone trough a telescope. You should check it out.

Elijah and I were up at 5 am this morning to catch the eclipse. We got to the beach, only too find that the sky was cloudy.

Fortunately the sky cleared for the big event.

Unfortunately I didn't get to take many photos between making sure my son wasn't staring at the sun and the wonder of being able to watch a eclipse with welding like classes.

If you ever get a chance to see a solar eclipse, I highly recommend it.

I used my special eclipse souvenir classes as a filter on the dark one, with digital zoom.

ImageUploadedByMobiTog1352885381.233118.jpg
ImageUploadedByMobiTog1352885406.317976.jpg
ImageUploadedByMobiTog1352885440.562727.jpg
ImageUploadedByMobiTog1352885460.502329.jpg

Elijah and I were up at 5 am this morning to catch the eclipse. We got to the beach, only too find that the sky was cloudy.

Fortunately the sky cleared for the big event.

Unfortunately I didn't get to take many photos between making sure my son wasn't staring at the sun and the wonder of being able to watch a eclipse with welding like classes.

If you ever get a chance to see a solar eclipse, I highly recommend it.

I used my special eclipse souvenir classes as a filter on the dark one, with digital zoom.

View attachment 26535View attachment 26536View attachment 26537View attachment 26538
Fantastic :D lucky you ! Well done !

Back
Top Bottom