• Barring miracles, MobiTog will be closing its doors on June15. Please see our notice in the MobiTog Closing thread.

Solar Eclipse

Good luck with your documentary Aaron, look forward to seeing the results here... ;)

Have you got a telescope or pair of binoculars you can tripod mount and focus the iPhone through, it is an excellent way to add telephoto to your iPhone... :D

Have you tried photographing through a telescope or binoculars? I once photographed through a microscope with my iphone. It was hard and it did not look great but with some patience and practice I believe it could look almost alright.

Good luck with your documentary Aaron, look forward to seeing the results here... ;)

Have you got a telescope or pair of binoculars you can tripod mount and focus the iPhone through, it is an excellent way to add telephoto to your iPhone... :D

Thanks Rog, I'll try and get my hands on something. Great ideas.

Have you tried photographing through a telescope or binoculars? I once photographed through a microscope with my iphone. It was hard and it did not look great but with some patience and practice I believe it could look almost alright.

I will have to give it a go, I just don't want to miss the event mucking around with gear. :)

Hey Aaron after watching some funny clips of people falling and such on youtube I found one clip called doc's guide: the big guide to hipstamatic. At the end of the clip he shows a pretty sweet photo of the moon taken with an iphone trough a telescope. You should check it out.

Elijah and I were up at 5 am this morning to catch the eclipse. We got to the beach, only too find that the sky was cloudy.

Fortunately the sky cleared for the big event.

Unfortunately I didn't get to take many photos between making sure my son wasn't staring at the sun and the wonder of being able to watch a eclipse with welding like classes.

If you ever get a chance to see a solar eclipse, I highly recommend it.

I used my special eclipse souvenir classes as a filter on the dark one, with digital zoom.

ImageUploadedByMobiTog1352885381.233118.jpg
ImageUploadedByMobiTog1352885406.317976.jpg
ImageUploadedByMobiTog1352885440.562727.jpg
ImageUploadedByMobiTog1352885460.502329.jpg

Elijah and I were up at 5 am this morning to catch the eclipse. We got to the beach, only too find that the sky was cloudy.

Fortunately the sky cleared for the big event.

Unfortunately I didn't get to take many photos between making sure my son wasn't staring at the sun and the wonder of being able to watch a eclipse with welding like classes.

If you ever get a chance to see a solar eclipse, I highly recommend it.

I used my special eclipse souvenir classes as a filter on the dark one, with digital zoom.

View attachment 26535View attachment 26536View attachment 26537View attachment 26538
Fantastic :D lucky you ! Well done !

Back
Top Bottom