B&W Sunday Market

I am in love with both of these shots! Agree with Rog that the second one just popped off the page! I love this guy! And the shot of the two women is so intriguing....wonderful composition... what are they getting ready for, where are they going?

I am loving Ibiza.

I am in love with both of these shots! Agree with Rog that the second one just popped off the page! I love this guy! And the shot of the two women is so intriguing....wonderful composition... what are they getting ready for, where are they going?

I am loving Ibiza.

We've quite some characters on the island - so much so, that this is very much the norm (guy on the moped), especially at the San Juan Market @RoseCat :lol:

Indeed, even the woman with the face er... make-up / design.

Although the woman behind her... that had me lost. I couldn't stay around for too long without being spotted, so missed the full story myself. No idea what she was trying on / testing but LOVED the expression.

I was a little concerned re the 1st image - 9/10 times I try to be kind with my images - not here to make a fool out of anyone - but the expression was just too good to pass up on! Naughty kitty-Cat ;)

xxXxx

So, I have a Samsung S4.
Generally, I am not a fan.
However I forced myself to take it out today to do some street photography at the local Sunday market earlier today...

Samsung S4 (native cam) - Snapseed - Pixlr Express (to resize for Mobitog)
- then imported onto PC, purely as my data package has run out on the island, oops!
For complete transparency no editing took place on PC.

Can I just say a huge thanks btw. I *love* street photography but always feel SO rude photographing strangers that I usually hide the images away - it's really nice to have somewhere to share them!

View attachment 49665
View attachment 49666
View attachment 49667
I love your images, Cat - not just these three! On these three I'm with Chris - if I had to pick, it'd be #2 - if only bcs you managed to get Bono in the background!
(And how do you get yr camera so close to people without being punched in the eye?)

So, I have a Samsung S4.
Generally, I am not a fan.
However I forced myself to take it out today to do some street photography at the local Sunday market earlier today...

Samsung S4 (native cam) - Snapseed - Pixlr Express (to resize for Mobitog)
- then imported onto PC, purely as my data package has run out on the island, oops!
For complete transparency no editing took place on PC.

Can I just say a huge thanks btw. I *love* street photography but always feel SO rude photographing strangers that I usually hide the images away - it's really nice to have somewhere to share them!

View attachment 49665
View attachment 49666
View attachment 49667
Hi Cat

These are great, any chance of sharing your processes?

I love your images, Cat - not just these three! On these three I'm with Chris - if I had to pick, it'd be #2 - if only bcs you managed to get Bono in the background!
(And how do you get yr camera so close to people without being punched in the eye?)

Hahaha, I worry about getting thumped one, frequently!

9/10 times it's a case of quite massive cropping (from 4000+px on the Samsung, often down to around 1000px...)

I tend to look at my phone like I'm trying to figure something out and then darn it, the "light's too bright" (ahem) so I lift it, change angle and I've the volume button on the Samsung programmed as the shutter so I only ever have one hand on the phone - no tapping it like I'm taking an image.

I've only been doing this for a couple of weeks but learnt fast to get to know what was going to be in the frame and what wasn't - cropping and straightening in Snapseed then become my 1st two steps in the editing process!

xxXxx

Hi Cat

These are great, any chance of sharing your processes?

Hi Chris,

Sure, with pleasure.

I went and looked over the images and grinned, as when I put up the first 3, I didn't even have After Focus Pro on the phone. Ha, such a newbie to Samsung!

Edit process

Snapseed

- Straighten

- Crop to Square format.

- Check it in Black and White - often don't like it at this point - but I do hang around and play with the contrast for a moment - gives me an idea later of what I can try and pull out of the image.

- Details / Structure.

- NB - at this point there's usually quite a bit of to'ing and fro'ing between Tune Image and Details / Structure as I try to find the right balance tinkering around with Ambience and Shadows. I can't offer any settings ideas on this as it so often depends on how much light I had in the original image... I can say that I like to start Ambience around 50 and Shadows around 20 and I get wary going over that because a heavily cropped image can look grainy / messy very quickly.

- now into Black and White - if I use the Contrast filter (I always seem draw to it as the prefered default start point), I usually move it down to about 15 on Contrast - the default 30 is 90% of the time way too much for me.

- Centre Focus - usually Portrait One but again, I halve the 'Inner Brightness' setting 9/10 times - with the aim of (mostly) discreetly hi-lighting the story / where I want the eye to settle.

- Save

Pixlr Express.

- 9/10 times and I think in the case of all the images on this thread where Pixlr Express has been used, I've only used

- Borders - Ink folder and then partial to the 'Black--' range, often turned down to about 50% and rotated if the grungy look gets in the way of the subject.

- Text to add a watermark, if posting to Facebook etc

xxXxx

Hi Chris,

Sure, with pleasure.

I went and looked over the images and grinned, as when I put up the first 3, I didn't even have After Focus Pro on the phone. Ha, such a newbie to Samsung!

Edit process

Snapseed

- Straighten

- Crop to Square format.

- Check it in Black and White - often don't like it at this point - but I do hang around and play with the contrast for a moment - gives me an idea later of what I can try and pull out of the image.

- Details / Structure.

- NB - at this point there's usually quite a bit of to'ing and fro'ing between Tune Image and Details / Structure as I try to find the right balance tinkering around with Ambience and Shadows. I can't offer any settings ideas on this as it so often depends on how much light I had in the original image... I can say that I like to start Ambience around 50 and Shadows around 20 and I get wary going over that because a heavily cropped image can look grainy / messy very quickly.

- now into Black and White - if I use the Contrast filter (I always seem draw to it as the prefered default start point), I usually move it down to about 15 on Contrast - the default 30 is 90% of the time way too much for me.

- Centre Focus - usually Portrait One but again, I halve the 'Inner Brightness' setting 9/10 times - with the aim of (mostly) discreetly hi-lighting the story / where I want the eye to settle.

- Save

Pixlr Express.

- 9/10 times and I think in the case of all the images on this thread where Pixlr Express has been used, I've only used

- Borders - Ink folder and then partial to the 'Black--' range, often turned down to about 50% and rotated if the grungy look gets in the way of the subject.

- Text to add a watermark, if posting to Facebook etc

xxXxx
Thank you for going into so much detail Cat, I've not played with Pixlr Express much, I'll invest some time into it.

I maybe getting a Samsung S4 for work soon, boss wanted me to have an iphone 5 but because I have mine I thought I'd go for something else. Not sure he liked my reason though.

Chris

Collage 2014-03-09 20_51_33.jpg
Collage 2014-03-09 20_49_42.jpg
Collage 2014-03-09 20_40_43.jpg
Collage 2014-03-09 20_35_09.jpg

Just for fun today I set myself an hour to get some shots of the men in our community..
It was fun!
I think we've a bunch of good looking guys in our community :)

Samsung S4 - Snapseed - magic hour - pic er, forgotten /some collage app and Pixlr Express for water mark

Cat, very nice images. All the images share the same colour set.

Just for fun today I set myself an hour to get some shots of the men in our community..
It was fun!
I think we've a bunch of good looking guys in our community :)

Samsung S4 - Snapseed - magic hour - pic er, forgotten /some collage app and Pixlr Express for water mark
These are amazing Cat, love the detail and the style of the series... :thumbs:

It must be time for the gals of the commune next then... :rog:

Market's only on a Sunday, lovely.

Please breathe as I need to make sure I can get there next week.
Wouldn't want you expiring before checking my images and seeing if I'm maintaining standards :p
:lmao:

Only bated Cat, not stopped altogether... :barf:

Reckon I might make it to next weekend... :D

These are fabulous. Really great and inspiring as a street photographer. I totally know what you mean about the Android-- I've been Android for most of the time I've owned smartphones and your experience has also been mine. Got an iPhone 5s and wowza, what a difference. Maybe we could chat on here some more, share tips? I don't know how you got so close in-- I just don't have the nerve. The edits are fantastic and really make the photos-- excellent tones. I love them all. I am new here and street, for the most part, is my thing. Awesome, awesome images.

These are fabulous. Really great and inspiring as a street photographer. I totally know what you mean about the Android-- I've been Android for most of the time I've owned smartphones and your experience has also been mine. Got an iPhone 5s and wowza, what a difference. Maybe we could chat on here some more, share tips? I don't know how you got so close in-- I just don't have the nerve. The edits are fantastic and really make the photos-- excellent tones. I love them all. I am new here and street, for the most part, is my thing. Awesome, awesome images.

Hi Tiffany
My apologies for the delay in response. Busy couple of weeks!

Very happy to share all tips and edits - it's how I learnt, mixes with experimenting and a few nerve wracking hours out :)

xxXxx

Back
Top Bottom