B&W Sunday Market

iCatMilton

MobiFan
Real Name
Cat Milton
So, I have a Samsung S4.
Generally, I am not a fan.
However I forced myself to take it out today to do some street photography at the local Sunday market earlier today...

Samsung S4 (native cam) - Snapseed - Pixlr Express (to resize for Mobitog)
- then imported onto PC, purely as my data package has run out on the island, oops!
For complete transparency no editing took place on PC.

Can I just say a huge thanks btw. I *love* street photography but always feel SO rude photographing strangers that I usually hide the images away - it's really nice to have somewhere to share them!

20140209_121509_1_20140209145001139.jpg

20140209_121301_1.jpg

20140209_121401_1.jpg

Oh I just love these shots! Really great eye for which subjects would make interesting photos!! I really like all 3, but I think the top photo of the group would be my favorite.
Glad you felt comfortable enough to share your street photography images with us as they are really fantastic. Please continue to share more in the future!

Oh I just love these shots! Really great eye for which subjects would make interesting photos!! I really like all 3, but I think the top photo of the group would be my favorite.
Glad you felt comfortable enough to share your street photography images with us as they are really fantastic. Please continue to share more in the future!

Thanks so very much for the encouragement, @lookingGlass79 :)

The top one is the only one I would normally post publicly (and also my favourite :) ) because they're street performers (although that's everyday wear, Ibiza Style, for real)
I figure street performers anticipate being photographed but not normal folks out and about for the day... so hence my delight being able to share them here!

Thanks again!

So, I have a Samsung S4.
Generally, I am not a fan.
However I forced myself to take it out today to do some street photography at the local Sunday market earlier today...

Samsung S4 (native cam) - Snapseed - Pixlr Express (to resize for Mobitog)
- then imported onto PC, purely as my data package has run out on the island, oops!
For complete transparency no editing took place on PC.

Can I just say a huge thanks btw. I *love* street photography but always feel SO rude photographing strangers that I usually hide the images away - it's really nice to have somewhere to share them!

View attachment 49665
View attachment 49666
View attachment 49667
These are great, really tell a story.

These images are fantastic! Great captures and tonal edits. I agree they do tell a story and with such peaceful clarity! Well done!

I just bought an S4. What mode settings do you use? I still shoot with my 4S for most of my shots so haven't practiced with the S4.

Last edited:
These images are fantastic! Great captures and tonal edits. I agree they do tell a story and with such peaceful clarity! Well done!

I just bought an S4. What mode settings do you use? I still shoot with my 4S for most of my shots so haven't practiced with the S4.

Hi Ron (@EyePhoto )

Firstly, my unreserved apologies for the delay in response!

I shoot in the native camera on the S4 and then process via Snapseed and add (sometimes) a border with Pixlr Express and that's it.

(although I've used After Focus Pro in a couple of the next shots... )

xxXxx

Thanks for your response Cat. I appreciate your input. I am trying to use the S4 on occasion, but find myself going right back to the iPhone most of the time for pictures.

I showed my wife your pics and now she wants to visit Ibiza! The market and other images look like fun! Looking forward to seeing more of your captures :)

Thanks for your response Cat. I appreciate your input. I am trying to use the S4 on occasion, but find myself going right back to the iPhone most of the time for pictures.

I showed my wife your pics and now she wants to visit Ibiza! The market and other images look like fun! Looking forward to seeing more of your captures :)

Hahaha, oh I so understand the 'going right back to iPhone'!
I was super excited when the Samsung came out - 13 megapixels. Oh man, oh boy, oh get me one!...

Heh.

It was short lived. The phone is so buggy! I tend to use it solely for street photography (if someone bumps me and it drops and shatters, no big deal - I'm that unimpressed with it) The camera crashes constantly, the apps freeze ... argh!

On a much more positive note, Ibiza is beautiful! Far, far more than the 'clubbing capital of the world' and I couldn't recommend a visit here more highly. I was meant to be going to New Zealand ... but I found a mini version here in Europe ;)

20140223_130515_2_1_1_1.jpg

Sometimes the mischiefs gets the better of me, as it is with these two images.

PSX_20140223_195155.jpg

As keen on photography as I, but indubitably sporting somewhat more pazzazz in the moment ;-)

Hoping all have had a good weekend xxXxx

1st image - Samsung S4 - Snapseed
2nd image - Samsung S4 - Snapseed - PS Express

iCatMilton said:
Sometimes the mischiefs gets the better of me, as it is with these two images.

As keen on photography as I, but indubitably sporting somewhat more pazzazz in the moment ;-)

Hoping all have had a good weekend xxXxx
Wowsas Cat, the first iMage is another absolute stunner ma'am... :notworthy:

The second is, well, erm, shocking... :eek:

I was so totally not expecting such loud vivid colours as that, having witnessed your previous awesomeness in B&W... :D

But it is equally shocking for the brilliance of the colours of the scooter and its rider... :thumbs:

The light you have there is clearly superb for iMage making... :rog:

:notworthy:

The second is, well, erm, shocking... :eek:

I was so totally not expecting such loud vivid colours as that, having witnessed your previous awesomeness in B&W... :D

But it is equally shocking for the brilliance of the colours of the scooter and its rider... :thumbs:

The light you have there is clearly superb for iMage making... :rog:

Chuckling here @Venomator - it was a bit evil of me ;-) but can't resist an occasional curve ball hehe and the gold boot deserved a platform.. ;-) xxXxx

Back
Top Bottom