MobiLifer
MobiStaff
Real Name
Rog...
Device
iPhone 13 Pro
The Coleford HipstaPak...
Courtesy of our good friend and MobiMember Eric Rozen

Born and raised in Britain, Luke Beard left Coleford for the sunnier climes of California. He’s the founder of Exposure, a tool to create beautiful photo narratives, as well as a community of passionate photographers and storytellers. Luke is, of course, also a photographer and has assisted Hipstamatic in the creation of this Coleford HipstaPak.

The Coleford HipstaPak comes with a lens, Beard and a film, Bream. Inspired by Luke’s photographs, Beard’s contrast-enhancing qualities give any image a subtle boost; supposedly, it can be compared to something between Lowy and G2.

Bream, the new film, is rather less subtle with its imposing frame and it is, no doubt, the widest frame of any film in the entire Hipstamatic catalogue. It shrinks the image so you don’t lose anything, which is quite nifty. That said, its retro feel is undeniably charming.

There you go, lots to keep you busy as autumn settles in! Incidentally, can I add that the Cinematic catalogue is also getting the Luke Beard treatment, with its very own Beard film?

The Coleford HipstaPak...
Courtesy of our good friend and MobiMember Eric Rozen

Born and raised in Britain, Luke Beard left Coleford for the sunnier climes of California. He’s the founder of Exposure, a tool to create beautiful photo narratives, as well as a community of passionate photographers and storytellers. Luke is, of course, also a photographer and has assisted Hipstamatic in the creation of this Coleford HipstaPak.

The Coleford HipstaPak comes with a lens, Beard and a film, Bream. Inspired by Luke’s photographs, Beard’s contrast-enhancing qualities give any image a subtle boost; supposedly, it can be compared to something between Lowy and G2.

Bream, the new film, is rather less subtle with its imposing frame and it is, no doubt, the widest frame of any film in the entire Hipstamatic catalogue. It shrinks the image so you don’t lose anything, which is quite nifty. That said, its retro feel is undeniably charming.

There you go, lots to keep you busy as autumn settles in! Incidentally, can I add that the Cinematic catalogue is also getting the Luke Beard treatment, with its very own Beard film?
Hmmmm..... :(

Save your .99

This one is BUGGY! I tested all of the lenses with the frame and 14 of them result in a totally white image. And 4 of them produce a weird image. Some of the flashes produce a white image too. Haven't tested the lens with other frames yet.

You have to wonder if they even bother to test things.

IMG_1475932592.266236.jpg

14 lens look like this!

IMG_1475932277.575711.jpg

Chunky and Adler & 2 others look bizarre.

IMG_1475932343.135015.jpg

IMG_1475932358.287131.jpg

Save your .99

This one is BUGGY! I tested all of the lenses with the frame and 14 of them result in a totally white image. And 4 of them produce a weird image. Some of the flashes produce a white image too. Haven't tested the lens with other frames yet.

View attachment 82882

14 lens look like this!

View attachment 82879

View attachment 82880
View attachment 82881
Wow. [emoji35] Thank you for the heads up!

Save your .99

View attachment 82882

14 lens look like this!

View attachment 82879

View attachment 82880
View attachment 82881

I'm having white images with some combos since one of these upgrades after 300, or since the 300 itself. I reported this issue months ago to Allan. He said he forwarded it directly to Brian, Hipsta's developer.
I also wonder if they even bother fixing some bugs.

The frame has limited use. Still life, simple graphics. The lens needs a little tweaking for my preference- more clarity, deepening details and color a bit via sliders works best for me.

Turn down the vibrancy for some interesting effects.

View attachment 82911
Lovely images but I am sure that is more to do with your great pics than the Hipsta effect. I bet you could get the above effect with any of them. I use it very successfully in iColorama and this is a perfect choice.

I can't believe they think this nothing pak is acceptable. Although is there really anything left to do? Are they flogging a dead horse here?

This morning I tested the lenses again on a different photo and while some of the results were weird there were no white images this time. Very strange.

True. Nothing special anymore. But these monthly Paks give them a stream of revenue. I think they reached the limits of their creativity awhile ago.

Agreed. And I think they don't take care of this product like they should. Imho.

Anyway, I like the bright effect of this lens, don't care about the frame. But I'll probably use it few times and then forget about it.

True. Nothing special anymore. But these monthly Paks give them a stream of revenue. I think they reached the limits of their creativity awhile ago.

Lovely images but I am sure that is more to do with your great pics than the Hipsta effect. I bet you could get the above effect with any of them. I use it very successfully in iColorama and this is a perfect choice.

I can't believe they think this nothing pak is acceptable. Although is there really anything left to do? Are they flogging a dead horse here?

Yep.. I can get that same frame with Pixlr.. I'm not purchasing the paks any more partly out of protest and also because, well, they just suck. [emoji13]

I've seen some pictures where the Bream film's white border gives place to a kind of transparent area:

IMG_1476445568.812737.jpg

(Photo by Nikki (@iminvisible) from Oggl)

Would anyone please tell us how can that be done?

Back
Top Bottom