MobiLifer
MobiStaff
Real Name
Rog...
Device
iPhone 13 Pro
Hi MobiMembers and welcome to the MobiMash Project - One... :thumbs:

The MobiMash Project is now officially underway... :D

The MobiMash Project will commence as soon as the first three members have inserted their five themed iMages to the Project Pool

Joining Members may continue to add their own five images to the Pool at any time during the first week of the Project to be eligible to play

Following the resounding successes of the Animation Collaboration Project, resulting in a storming composite video, Aaron Davis proposed another collaboration, this time named the MobiMash Project.

The idea for the MobiMash Project is for each MobiMash participant to process an image that is the result of blending, mixing and mashing two, or more, iPhoneography iMages selected from the MobiMash Pool of iMages contributed by each of the participating members.

MobiMembers wishing to participate, must first post up their 5 themed and nekkid images to contribute to the Pool of iMages

Key principles of the MobiMash Project:

General Overview & Specific Rules & Guidelines for this MobiMash Project, over and above those referred to in the general Rules & Guidelines for MobiProjects, mentioned below :

i. MobiMembers participating in the MobiMash Project will firstly be required to post up a selection of five unprocessed, original, iPhoneography works, based on each Projects Theme (below) contributing to the MobiMash Pool;

ii. Participating members will then select two or more iMages from the MobiMash Pool and process them to enhance and emphasise the peculiarities of the selected iMages in their own MobiMash interpretation.

iii. There will, within reason, be no holds barred, except the processing must be carried out in an iDevice - iPhone, iTouch, iPad and so on to combine two or more of the iMages from the MobiMash Pool;

iv. MobiMembers will also able to mash iMages they have taken specifically for their end concept for each challenge, inspired by pool images. These images must also be uploaded as part of the MobiMashpool.

Please also see the general Rules and Guidelines for MobiChallenges posted > HERE

This MobiMash Project will run for most of two weeks from the 13th September.

So, this MobiMash Project - One thread will kick off when the first three MobiMembers have entered their five (5) iMages into the pool based on the following five theme topics:

iMage 1. Find an interesting sign;

iMage 2. Catch someone unawares;

iMage 3. Loving that texture;

iMage 4. Perspective - NOT the usual angle;

iMage 5. Transport.

Here is the link to the Demonstrator of MobiMash, to give you all an idea of how it goes... :cool:

MobiMash Demonstrator thread...

For the MobiCommunity - If you have any questions please ask away in thread or by pm to a staff member, otherwise... please feel free to join in and play at any stage as the Project progresses and the next MobiMash Project and so on, and on, and on... :D

Thanks for getting the ball rolling Rog. If you didn't participate in the demonstration thread, would like to get involved but are unsure about how it works, please ask questions and I'll try my best to answer as soon as possible. Cheers Aaron :)

Sent from my iPhone using MobiTog

Aaron Davis said:
Thanks for getting the ball rolling Rog. If you didn't participate in the demonstration thread, would like to get involved but are unsure about how it works, please ask questions and I'll try my best to answer as soon as possible. Cheers Aaron :)

Love the theme aspect!! Definitely adds an interesting twist!

Aaron Davis said:
Do you like the introduction of a treasure hunt?

Quite right too... :thumbs:

What I should have included, is that the theming of the five entry iMages for the pool is yet another of Aaron's amazing ideas, the man has a seemingly endless talent for adding zest and sparkle to each of his projects... :D

From MiPhone4 via the awesome & FREE MobiTog App... :D

Aaron Davis said:
Do you like the introduction of a treasure hunt?

Definitely! It adds a really fun element. I just need to get my butt going & find these shots! ;)

Hi Collaborators, here's my pics to get the ball rolling.
1.Interesting Sign - Tree Kangaroos, I believe are only found in the rainforests of Far North Queensland, where I live. Correction, also found in Papua New Guinea.
2. Catch someone unaware - I took this pic when I was recently in Melbourne, the other end of the East Coast.
3. Texture - Crab Balls are the balls that the crab makes when digging a hole. So no jokes. :)
4. Perspective - thought I'd chuck in one of my Kite pics for that aerial perspective.
5. Transport - You don't get more Australian than a 1959 FC Holden.

image-3638435909.png

image-383817937.png

image-2180633351.png

image-369859451.png

image-3902820540.png

Aaron Davis said:
Hi Collaborators, here's my pics to get the ball rolling.

Fantastic shots!! I love the crab balls (LOL), that kite aerial is incredible, and the car is "to die for"! :D

Here's my pics.
1. Sign- El Cap neon. Great place in St. Pete for hamburgers.
2. Catch unawares- this man thought I was taking a picture of the turtle in Clearwater Beach- world famous spot for fantastic beach and Spring Break.
3. Texture- blue water droplets. Condensation on plastic from TV dinner.
4. Perspective- Olloclip macro of Lego Calendar from above.
5. Transport- Bicycle with shadows on a wall.

image-4172726426.png

image-909422412.png

image-247381612.png

image-4178796730.png

image-767988724.png

Thanks for getting on board Reed. At first glance, I absolutely love that water texture and think the bike shadow could make for an interesting textural overlay. Fantastic!

Aaron Davis said:
Thanks for getting on board Reed. At first glance, I absolutely love that water texture and think the bike shadow could make for an interesting textural overlay. Fantastic!

Thanks Aaron. I like your aerial and the one of the Holden. Never heard of that car before but like the looks of it. What apps do you think will work best for blending the two photos in this project?

Reed said:
Thanks Aaron. I like your aerial and the one of the Holden. Never heard of that car before but like the looks of it. What apps do you think will work best for blending the two photos in this project?

Thanks for asking Reed. I like to use DXP, Iris and my new fave, Juxtaposer. DXP has lots of blending alternatives, Iris has a few and also allows masking and I've been using Juxtaposer to take an element out of images and create stamps to use on other images. If that makes sense.
There are plenty more options though, these are my personal faves though. :)

Oh and General Motors owns Holden, I think they're called Opel in the UK.

image-391830739.png
image-1478637071.png
image-1803056518.png
image-1409989090.png
image-1328154500.png

Here are my five:
1- Mandola's Italian Market (Austin)
2- concrete with pine needle texture (Spring, TX)
3- Jamaica Beach (Galveston)
4- vintage train car (Galveston)
5- Wait staff in the restaurant at Westin Hotel Galleria (Dallas)

I'm not sure why 6 photos are showing up. I thought I'd deleted image #2!!

Which image is it you need deleted, lisa? I see five images plus a thumbnail and the last two look like waiters in a restaurant.

richardcb said:
Which image is it you need deleted, lisa? I see five images plus a thumbnail and the last two look like waiters in a restaurant.

On the mobi app I see six images but when I look on the laptop I see five images and the thumbnail. It's the thumbnail I would like deleted please. Thanks for taking care of me!

On the mobi app I see six images but when I look on the laptop I see five images and the thumbnail. It's the thumbnail I would like deleted please. Thanks for taking care of me!
I've deleted the thumbnail and adjusted the captions. Let me know if I've got anything wrong.

richardcb said:
I've deleted the thumbnail and adjusted the captions. Let me know if I've got anything wrong.

You're the best! Thanks for fixing this.

Come on and join the Mobimash!

image-465031936.png

Lisa - Jamaica Beach (Galveston)
Reed - Catch unawares- this man thought I was taking a picture of the turtle in Clearwater Beach- world famous spot for fantastic beach and Spring Break.
Reed - Texture- Blue Water Droplets.

Apps used: DXP, Juxtaposer, ToonPaint and Halftone.

image-3668964799.png

image-3292007508.png

image-3600002532.png

Love it! I hope to do some mashing in the next day or two!

Back
Top Bottom