The other side of Berlin, Germany

Mik

MobiLurver
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Michael
Device
iPhone X
You can't walk through the center of Berlin and miss the wall remains.

ImageUploadedByMobiTog1466149012.121981.jpg

The sign reads "Berlin Wall 1961 - 1989"

ImageUploadedByMobiTog1466149131.754944.jpg

They left over a small part of the "death strip", looking from the west side of the former border.

ImageUploadedByMobiTog1466149465.483641.jpg

Looking from the east side onto the Berlin Wall Museum.

ImageUploadedByMobiTog1466149478.702246.jpg

ImageUploadedByMobiTog1466149563.097063.jpg

#ProCamera, #VSCO

You can't walk through the center of Berlin and miss the wall remains.

View attachment 78601
The sign reads "Berlin Wall 1961 - 1989"

View attachment 78602
They left over a small part of the "death strip", looking from the west side of the former border.

View attachment 78603
Looking from the east side onto the Berlin Wall Museum.

View attachment 78604

View attachment 78605

#ProCamera, #VSCO

Powerful images Michael. There may not be much left, but the memories remain. A great set of photos. Thank you.:thumbs:

Reactions: Mik
Never to late to get a wall! C'mon fellows, let's check if you can afford it ... :look:
Yes, once it's build - there's more to come ;)
Looking at the remains of the Berlin wall I'm happy that we've already learned our lesson :thumbs:

Last edited:
Powerful images and a powerful reminder. A certain U.S. Loudmouth Clown thinks we need another one. But I'm sure something as powerful as this would be meaningless to his pea-brain. :zip:

I was there Summer of '86... got some lame photos with my crap 110 camera, although they are probably "cool analogue" shots now.

RoseCat, 100% agree.

Your old photos are documents of a time (dumb political circumstances and sorrowful tragedies) we hopefully never get again. Hence those photos may have some value, at least ideational.

Last edited:
Lovely catch in the background of the first photo, where you can see someone bicycling right through the wall.

I saw the first moon landing on tv. I also saw people tearing down the wall on tv. I'd always expected to see the first (read lots of sci-fi as a kid). I never thought I'd see the second in my lifetime.

Back
Top Bottom