This might be fun.......or not.

dalgeri

HipstaWhore... ?
Real Name
Davinia
I was wondering if anyone is interested in going back in time to the beginning of their iphoneography journey and sharing some of their early photos. I was looking through some of my very early (well about 6 months ago when I first started) photos and playing with the 2 or 3 apps that I had just to see how far i've come.
this first photo is of my daughter and the first time I played with Blender. I remember being so excited and couldn't wait for her to get home so I could show her. Her reaction?....Yeh.....nice mum, and then she wandered off. Well that was an anti climax!
ImageUploadedByMobiTog1374978266.456159.jpg

The second image is me about 57 years ago and one of the only photos of me as a child. I put this through Blender as well.
ImageUploadedByMobiTog1374978494.493912.jpg

As you can see I had no idea what I was doing, still don't to some degree. So now those 2 or 3 apps have exploded to well over 150 and still counting!

I think you know more then you give yourself credit for :)

Both of your pictures are really good, but the second is better, I like how you kept the background texture off the face so it stands out more.

I will have to find an old picture of my daughter at around the same age, you look like I remember her looking :) and I will see if I can find a picture from when I first started but back then it's mostly straight images and no apping, it's only since I joined here that I use other apps to edit pics so my journey into apping is fairly new!

And I can relate very well to the reaction of your daughter, I get the same thing. One thing I noticed more at the reunion last week is that people really liked the HDR pictures and especially the over done ones, not many comments until those popped up :)

Great idea!! I love the picture of you...so cute! I'm trying to remember the very first image I posted here on Mobitog. As soon as I retrieve it, I'll repost it!!

Sounds good! Wow, I started 2 years ago and my styles have changed so much! Will have a look to see if I have any of my old stuff! Lovely photo of you!

Your photos are great, and what a cool idea!! :thumbs: I'm impressed that your first attempts included layering... I didn't get that knack of that for a couple years! :notworthy:

I have NO IDEA what my first shot was, or if I even have it! :( But I do know that this *might* have been it, or at least it was one of my earliest. I have no idea what app(s) I used either...

This was taken with my iPhone 3GS in 2010.

chain link.jpg

p.s. I thought it would be appropriate to move the thread to "Projects & Ongoing Work". :thumbs:

I really only started taking pictures on my iPad back in June of 2012, mostly general snapshots and never really thought of editing anything until I found this forum where I found lots of information on different apps.

ImageUploadedByMobiTog1375047731.861290.jpg

This was taken using I believe ProCamera. We were out camping with some of Karen's cousins and that day they decided to deep fry a turkey, unfortunately it was windy so they were looking for someplace to put it that was out of the wind, there is a small clearing but it looks like they were doing something illicite :)

Even back then I liked sunsets :) well actually I have a lot of sunsets on on their digital cameras and film cameras. This to would have been taken using ProCamera which was my go to app back then.
ImageUploadedByMobiTog1375048039.126688.jpg

Like Valeri my whole world changed a lot after finding this forum and in particular Hipstamatic. This image was taken in Hipstamatic and I believe edited in Repix
ImageUploadedByMobiTog1375048181.726398.jpg

Another app that I really like is King Camera. Picture was taken with King Camera and edited with it.
ImageUploadedByMobiTog1375048336.681634.jpg

So, I have been lucky enough to have owned every single iPhone since it first hit the streets... :)

I was not to know at the time but, when I took this iMage, which was not actually my very first, but it was very close to the first, and it was my first 'proper' iMage, it started me on the long and never ending road of iPhoneography... :rog:

This particular iMage was the very first of my original iPhoneography 365 and, if you look closely, you will see it featured in my current Venomator Avatar, which is a compilation of the entire Venomator 365 from those early days... ;)

Since those heady early days of iPhoneography, days when I already knew photography, for me at least, would never be the same again, I have barely touched my collection of DSLR/SLR/MF/Compact/P&S cameras since!... :D

Flower of the Sun...

ImageUploadedByMobiTog1375048971.959607.jpg

Fun idea!

I discovered Hipstamatic right after I got my iPhone in October, 2011. I was totally enamored of JohnS and Kodot for a couple of months. This is a shot in my neighbors' yard of their hose bib - I often try new combos on this cute thing when I am out walking my dog, but I think this one from 10/29/11 is my best.

IMG_1105.JPG

I also kind of like this one that I took with Leme Cam, 2 exposure, Godfather film. I need to go back and play with that app - I forgot all about it.

IMG_2170.JPG

I think you know more then you give yourself credit for :)

Both of your pictures are really good, but the second is better, I like how you kept the background texture off the face so it stands out more.

I will have to find an old picture of my daughter at around the same age, you look like I remember her looking :) and I will see if I can find a picture from when I first started but back then it's mostly straight images and no apping, it's only since I joined here that I use other apps to edit pics so my journey into apping is fairly new!

And I can relate very well to the reaction of your daughter, I get the same thing. One thing I noticed more at the reunion last week is that people really liked the HDR pictures and especially the over done ones, not many comments until those popped up :)
Thanks Larry, thats why its so lovely to come here and be amongst like minded people.

Great idea!! I love the picture of you...so cute! I'm trying to remember the very first image I posted here on Mobitog. As soon as I retrieve it, I'll repost it!!
Thank you Lisa, and I would love to see some of our earlier pics.

Your photos are great, and what a cool idea!! :thumbs: I'm impressed that your first attempts included layering... I didn't get that knack of that for a couple years! :notworthy:

I have NO IDEA what my first shot was, or if I even have it! :( But I do know that this *might* have been it, or at least it was one of my earliest. I have no idea what app(s) I used either...

This was taken with my iPhone 3GS in 2010.

View attachment 40727
Great early image. Its fun to look back and see how far you've come.

What a cool idea!

I've been shooting with my iphone since the day I brought it home... BUT the world changed for me the day hipstamatic hit the app store. So I thought it would be cool to post one of the shots from my very first trial run through Hipsta..

View attachment 40746
Gorgeous rose, I've only just downloaded hipsta, I held off as long as I could and now I wonder why.

I really only started taking pictures on my iPad back in June of 2012, mostly general snapshots and never really thought of editing anything until I found this forum where I found lots of information on different apps.

View attachment 40752
This was taken using I believe ProCamera. We were out camping with some of Karen's cousins and that day they decided to deep fry a turkey, unfortunately it was windy so they were looking for someplace to put it that was out of the wind, there is a small clearing but it looks like they were doing something illicite :)

Even back then I liked sunsets :) well actually I have a lot of sunsets on on their digital cameras and film cameras. This to would have been taken using ProCamera which was my go to app back then.
View attachment 40753

Like Valeri my whole world changed a lot after finding this forum and in particular Hipstamatic. This image was taken in Hipstamatic and I believe edited in Repix
View attachment 40754

Another app that I really like is King Camera. Picture was taken with King Camera and edited with it.
View attachment 40755
You know I hold you responsible for my new hipstamatic addiction Larry. These are all fabulous shots and yes they do look like there doing something slightly dodgy.

So, I have been lucky enough to have owned every single iPhone since it first hit the streets... :)

I was not to know at the time but, when I took this iMage, which was not actually my very first, but it was very close to the first, and it was my first 'proper' iMage, it started me on the long and never ending road of iPhoneography... :rog:

This particular iMage was the very first of my original iPhoneography 365 and, if you look closely, you will see it featured in my current Venomator Avatar, which is a compilation of the entire Venomator 365 from those early days... ;)

Since those heady early days of iPhoneography, days when I already knew photography, for me at least, would never be the same again, I have barely touched my collection of DSLR/SLR/MF/Compact/P&S cameras since!... :D

Flower of the Sun...

View attachment 40756
This is only my second iPhone, hand me downs from my adult children. The first a 3G which I don't think I ever took a photo with. I now have the 4s and I'm not really sure what got me started taking pics but I'm glad I did and finding this forum is the icing on the cake.
Love the cheery sunflower.

Fun idea!

I discovered Hipstamatic right after I got my iPhone in October, 2011. I was totally enamored of JohnS and Kodot for a couple of months. This is a shot in my neighbors' yard of their hose bib - I often try new combos on this cute thing when I am out walking my dog, but I think this one from 10/29/11 is my best.

View attachment 40757

I also kind of like this one that I took with Leme Cam, 2 exposure, Godfather film. I need to go back and play with that app - I forgot all about it.

View attachment 40761
What a quirky little hose thingy, perfect for hipsta shots. I do love me some JohnS and Kodot too. Your second image is amazing, I think I need to visit the App Store!

You know I hold you responsible for my new hipstamatic addiction Larry. These are all fabulous shots and yes they do look like there doing something slightly dodgy.
:D and you can thank HipstaBabe Beth for mine! Glad I could help you :)
The guy in the first pic is Jim, it is his farm that the reunions are held at in July. He is 81 this year if I recall right though you would never know it. He is the guy that has almost done all the work on the stone gardens/ponds at his place.

I'm am 99.9% sure this is my first iPhone photo... I checked my library on my PC and on my MacBook pro... my first iPhone was a 4 from AT&T which I promptly sold and moved back to Sprint as they FINALLY got the iPhone 4S

My Grandson at Bat... :D
IMG_2919.JPG

What a quirky little hose thingy, perfect for hipsta shots. I do love me some JohnS and Kodot too. Your second image is amazing, I think I need to visit the App Store!
I have Leme Camera, LemeLeme and Leme Camera 12mp. They are all by the same developer, first two are free, the 12m version I got because I wanted the highest res and for $0.99 I figured it's good. LemeLeme is limited to 600x600 which is fine for Instagram but other then that.... Leme Camera is 1936x1936 res which isn't too bad, pretty useable and I like it. Leme Camera 12m is 3500x3500.
Biggest difference between Leme Camera and LemeLeme is that when you take a picture in LemeLeme you take the picture and it opens a picker for the effect, in Leme Camera and 12m you have to set what effect and take the picture and you can't edit it after taking the picture.

I first got interested in iphonography way back in 2009! I got my 1st smart phone, an LG VU which had a 2mp camera. I took these pictures on our family vacation to the Outer Banks, NC July 2009. After getting these awesome results with my phone I couldn't be stopped! My VU was stolen and I replaced it with my 1st iPhone, the 3G. These photos are not edited at all, just added watermark. I love how the light rays show up in the bottom picture. It was taken in the keepers' room at top of Cape Hatteras lighthouse. The other picture is the actual light and top of the lighthouse.
ImageUploadedByMobiTog1375121870.194000.jpg
ImageUploadedByMobiTog1375121884.955485.jpg
ImageUploadedByMobiTog1375121893.005333.jpg
ImageUploadedByMobiTog1375121900.505648.jpg

I agree this is a great thread, thanks Davinia!

Back
Top Bottom