Tuk Tuk Kids From Space

ImageUploadedByMobiTog1461480621.048495.jpg

Chunderwood in Annandale

ImageUploadedByMobiTog1461480669.845843.jpg

Waiting for the Raptor

ImageUploadedByMobiTog1461480708.430724.jpg

Space Gestation

Waiting for the Raptor
Favorite title. I love "New York Compost" too. I know it seems odd to obsess over words in these amazing creations, but they have a creative craziness I really enjoy.

And despite its muted color and un-Jason-like simplicity, Space Gestation is the image I keep coming back to look at, at least partly because it seems to have a big-fish-eats-little-fish flip side to it. Love it.

"What Ted said" (except I don't think it sounds odd to "obsess over words in these amazing creations"

Thanks guys. Chunderwood is a remodeling of my friends John and Megan"s place in Sydney. It was a butcher shop originally. John is the new editor of The Australian and Megan writes features for the paper's weekend mag. I'm moving to Sydney in less than two months after 25 years in Asia.

Thanks guys. Chunderwood is a remodeling of my friends John and Megan"s place in Sydney. It was a butcher shop originally. John is the new editor of The Australian and Megan writes features for the paper's weekend mag. I'm moving to Sydney in less than two months after 25 years in Asia.

Omg Jason. 25 years. Bangkok/Sydney. Culture schlock. Bloody hell. (Excuse Australian vernacular, all - it's powerfully over-determined signifier). Working for the Aust? (I might have to start reading it again :alien:)

(Welcome home; blessings for smooth or at least creatively bumpy transitions)

Yeah. It was now or never. One mate is editor in chief and another is the new editor. Wasn't really thinking about it but a long lunch with Hedley Thonas resulted in a job offer that evening and I flew down to Sydney for a day just before I came back to Bangkok. Senior subbing role for a year to ease back in after 25 years away, then can look at getting back to features , humor and magazine writing which is my forte. It was a no brainer. Opportunity won't come round again, my Bangkok honeymoon long since ended and I think more dark days are ahead for Thailand. Never lived in Sydney so quite excited actually. Got loads of friends there.

Back
Top Bottom