Tulum Ruins (Beachside)

intkrosh6

MobiStarter
0bd10ac0badb8ee4db745852565d3c4b.jpg

I took this today in Tulum, Mexico. I used Snapseed again (HDR, glamour, vintage, and saturation). I think I oversaturated it....Any thoughts?

I took this today in Tulum, Mexico. I used Snapseed again (HDR, glamour, vintage, and saturation). I think I oversaturated it....Any thoughts?
It is certainly a beautiful land/seascape with a great composition... :thumbs:

I guess the main issue may be the use of HDR and saturation together, as HDR should, generally, do most of your job for you in combining the highs and lows within any given iMage?

It is difficult to say properly without seeing the original and I'm sure you may receive more constructive feedback by posting it here as well... :rog:

It is certainly a beautiful land/seascape with a great composition... :thumbs:

I guess the main issue may be the use of HDR and saturation together, as HDR should, generally, do most of your job for you in combining the highs and lows within any given iMage?

It is difficult to say properly without seeing the original and I'm sure you may receive more constructive feedback by posting it here as well... :rog:

Oh ok that makes sense!

Lovely place!

I'd say the upper right section of sky is a bit over saturated, but in Snapseed that's easily fixed: You can apply the saturation, then tap the symbol at the top next to Save (looks like an arrow on top of layers) and choose View Edits and tap the paintbrush. You can then paint the saturation where you want it.

Lovely place!

I'd say the upper right section of sky is a bit over saturated, but in Snapseed that's easily fixed: You can apply the saturation, then tap the symbol at the top next to Save (looks like an arrow on top of layers) and choose View Edits and tap the paintbrush. You can then paint the saturation where you want it.
Agreed. (And I love a bit of oversaturation.)

0bd10ac0badb8ee4db745852565d3c4b.jpg

I really like it. What you might call oversaturation looks almost like a vignette to me. If you like it though just post it and be damned. :)

I think I oversaturated it....Any thoughts?
I like it. I mostly agree with sinnerjohn and JillyG -- mess with it until you like the look and then post it. Especially with a beautiful location like this, I like to see an impression of the place, how it felt, rather than simply a literal representation of it.

When you get feedback that points in another direction, like "oversaturated," it's good now and then to try it out -- create a less saturated version and compare it to your first version. Sometimes you discover new ideas that way. But it's still up to you to decide which pleases you more. I think that if we don't back our own judgement in the end, even if we later decide we were wrong, then we don't really learn anything.

Every now and then, someone here will post an image and then post a screenshot of their Camera Roll showing 10 or 20 (or 30 :eek:) variations they created while trying to figure out what works best. It's like a conversation between you and the image. (OK, more like a heated argument sometimes :lmao:.)

I like it. I mostly agree with sinnerjohn and JillyG -- mess with it until you like the look and then post it. Especially with a beautiful location like this, I like to see an impression of the place, how it felt, rather than simply a literal representation of it.

When you get feedback that points in another direction, like "oversaturated," it's good now and then to try it out -- create a less saturated version and compare it to your first version. Sometimes you discover new ideas that way. But it's still up to you to decide which pleases you more. I think that if we don't back our own judgement in the end, even if we later decide we were wrong, then we don't really learn anything.

Every now and then, someone here will post an image and then post a screenshot of their Camera Roll showing 10 or 20 (or 30 :eek:) variations they created while trying to figure out what works best. It's like a conversation between you and the image. (OK, more like a heated argument sometimes :lmao:.)
Very wise words Ted. :thumbs:

Back
Top Bottom