rizole

It's not even my banana.
Real Name
rizole
Device
Huawei
Onsite
Project Page
This thread is to record the pictures of our walk and related activities over the next two weeks.

Nearly a year ago I had a bus pull out on me whilst I was biking home from work fracturing my skull, nose and neck vertebrae.

20170922_120228-jpg.99544

The consultant told me later that if the accident had happened 10 years earlier they wouldn't have been able to save me but thanks to Dave, the policeman who attended the scene, the Yorkshire Air Ambulance and a team of surgical wizards I'm here to tell the tale. No brain damage, no paralysis, no hideous disfigurement. I'm very lucky and very grateful.

We are doing a walk on the anniversary of the accident form the place it happened to the hospital that put me back together, just over 17 miles, to raise money for the Yorkshire Air Ambulance. I wrote about that previously here.
We've already raised our target of £3000 due to some very lovely and generous people. Thanks again to those of you that donated.

Above is a pic of the plates in my head. Here's the sandles I'll be walking in on the day. £16 sandles to raise £3000. Using my feet to pay back for my head.
20180727_122045.jpg

This thread is to record the pictures of our walk and related activities over the next two weeks.

Nearly a year ago I had a bus pull out on me whilst I was biking home from work fracturing my skull, nose and neck vertebrae.

The consultant told me later that if the accident had happened 10 years earlier they wouldn't have been able to save me but thanks to Dave, the policeman who attended the scene, the Yorkshire Air Ambulance and a team of surgical wizards I'm here to tell the tale. No brain damage, no paralysis, no hideous disfigurement. I'm very lucky and very grateful.

We are doing a walk on the anniversary of the accident form the place it happened to the hospital that put me back together, just over 17 miles, to raise money for the Yorkshire Air Ambulance. I wrote about that previously here.
We've already raised our target of £3000 due to some very lovely and generous people. Thanks again to those of you that donated.

Above is a pic of the plates in my head. Here's the sandles I'll be walking in on the day. £16 sandles to raise £3000. Using my feet to pay back for my head.
View attachment 112258
I totally missed this :( Happy to read that you are on the mend. Are the links you published earlier still valid? I would like to help

View attachment 112258
Awesome!!

And then to top it all off the Sainsbury's we went into on the way back had had a fridge breakdown, had to send a load of stock back and had the same stock shipped back when the fridges were fixed again. As it was all so shortdated they had to put massive reductions on it and we couldn't not buy it. Most of it will go in the freezer.
20180805_170956.jpg

And then to top it all off the Sainsbury's we went into on the way back had had a fridge breakdown, had to send a load of stock back and had the same stock shipped back when the fridges were fixed again. As it was all so shortdated they had to put massive reductions on it and we couldn't not buy it. Most of it will go in the freezer.
View attachment 112621
What a great deal!!

And then it just so happens it's Leeds Pride Parade today, that was a nice surprise.
View attachment 112613 View attachment 112615 View attachment 112616 View attachment 112617 View attachment 112618
Girl in a winter coat in temperatures in excess of 25c.
Whoohoo!!!
So interesting because New York City had the same paper confetti and those rainbow skin marker things (a parade reveler swiped my cheek with one) and I’d never seen those before, and here they are again across the pond in Leeds. Must be a worldwide Gay Pride Parade Rainbow Accoutrements Memo that went out. :D

The map is down now but will show a live feed on Thursday while we walk.
I'm using https://www.greenalp.com/realtimetracker/index.php?page=home to do the tracking. Its an android app but I see from their website they have an in browser version which works for any device.

For reference, I ran it for 2 hours today. It used 7% of my battery and 25mb of data. We are a mixed ability group and estimate the walk will last 8 or more hours so that puts usage at somewhere around 30% battery and 100mb of data. That's doable on my phone but just to preserve battery levels on the day I've Installed it on an old phone and bought a pay as you go SIM card with 2gb of data for 10 quid. That leaves a lot of data left so I'll use it again when we climb mt Snowdon in a couple of weeks.

Back
Top Bottom