APPstract RESULT: Weekly APPstract #6 No Theme

So this is the result of my flower and insect abstract.

View attachment 120766
Apps: Imaengine, Aerograph, Procreate. SuperImposeX

This is the background image which I ran through Imaengine
View attachment 120767

Looking at the result, I couldn’t help but see an image of a person on the left. This is where you can’t predict what you are going to do. I wasn’t going to add a person into the mix but this just leant itself to it.
View attachment 120768

I added the bugs in Procreate that I also transformed using the same setting in Imaengine, cut them out in SuperImpose X, and finally added the person and some extra flowers. Ran the final result through Aerograph.
I love the third one. I like to imagine the person on the left.:D

Hmmmmm.... that’s pretty much how I’ve created most of my abstracts. This one is an oldie (2013), but it started out as a random image I took (now I wish I’d saved all the original images along with the abstract final pieces for comparison).

View attachment 120763

p.s. I used to title some of the abstracts... this one is "And a rock feels no pain; And an island never cries." ~Paul Simon
I love the wavy texture...and just about everything else.

Geometry
Lowry Stripes, Procreate
DE74F01E-05E7-4BDC-BE5A-C35F82C5D8B7.jpeg

So this is the result of my flower and insect abstract.

View attachment 120766
Apps: Imaengine, Aerograph, Procreate. SuperImposeX

This is the background image which I ran through Imaengine
View attachment 120767

Looking at the result, I couldn’t help but see an image of a person on the left. This is where you can’t predict what you are going to do. I wasn’t going to add a person into the mix but this just leant itself to it.
View attachment 120768

I added the bugs in Procreate that I also transformed using the same setting in Imaengine, cut them out in SuperImpose X, and finally added the person and some extra flowers. Ran the final result through Aerograph.
Wonderful..... I love your drawn lady!

Or someone starts with a blank canvas maybe, but this is surely painting not photography?
Or in this case, drawing. :D
1550008951080.jpg

Untitled. Medibang Paint.
With the idea I needed an idea of where I was going before setting off, I dropped back to the preferred medium of my youth. I know where to go and how to get there with this. This one's a bit rough but to get the quality and detail I usually like takes more time than I have on my hands these days.
Besides, my screen is too small to get the lines, curves and sweeps you can pull off with a pencil and A3 paper.

Hmmmmm.... that’s pretty much how I’ve created most of my abstracts. This one is an oldie (2013), but it started out as a random image I took (now I wish I’d saved all the original images along with the abstract final pieces for comparison).

View attachment 120763

p.s. I used to title some of the abstracts... this one is "And a rock feels no pain; And an island never cries." ~Paul Simon

Dreamy-beautiful. . . I wish I’d known you ‘earlier’ when you doing more of these kinds of images. When we do that Antarctic cruise, be sure to bring some albums on usb :thumbs:

View attachment 120785

With the idea I needed an idea of where I was going before setting off, I dropped back to the preferred medium of my youth. I know where to go and how to get there with this. This one's a bit rough but to get the quality and detail I usually like takes more time than I have on my hands these days.
Besides, my screen is too small to get the lines, curves and sweeps you can pull off with a pencil and A3 paper.

Do you use a stylus?

Geometry
Lowry Stripes, ProcreateView attachment 120774

Lowry stripes: Another app I’d forgotten about! I like the bold colours - to my eye they suit the simple (bold) geometrics. And I like those dots - are they from your previous dotty image? (I think I mentioned I have a bit of a thing about dots and spots),

Meditation.
4A6A6A34-11EE-421C-94DD-7C07D93C814A.jpeg

Since I didn’t have any pictures of someone meditating I started by creating the meditator in a figure posing app - MagicPoser. The result looked sort of plastic so it needed a lot of rendering to make it more like a comic - Clip2Comic. The inspiration for the nearer cloud comes from some basic meditation instruction about how to deal with stray thoughts that arise while you are trying to just experience awareness - watch the thoughts come and go as clouds passing by in the sky.

The basic part of the image, the meditator sitting at the beach is pretty much as I imagined it. It is an idealized image that I can project myself into. It is just the sort of setting I would choose if I was going to meditate at the beach. Finding the right beach setting photo was more difficult than I expected, even though I have thousands. I used iColorama (what?, yes iColorama) to simplify the background. I struggled with making it “abstract enough”. Actually I liked the plain version better but it looked too much like a photo composite. Whenever it started to become more abstract I pulled back because I liked the photo rendition better. I tried all sorts of apps but didn’t like the results.

I guess the next thing I will try is starting over with the same elements but rendering them in a much more limited range. Posterized to maybe 4 levels.

Apps used: Procreate, Affinity Photo, iColorama, Painnt, SkyLab, Clip2Comic, and about 12 others whose contributions didn’t make the cut.

View attachment 120785

Wow, impressive with fingers !

Back
Top Bottom