Mobi Veteran
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Brian Townsend
Device
iPhone 8 Plus
Onsite
Project Page
I don't know if everyone but me already knows about this. I just saw the tip yesterday on Facebook.
In Settings>Cellular> scroll waaayy down to the very bottom, there is a slider to turn off Wi-fi Assist.
With this turned on it allows your iPhone to use your cellular data to speed up data transfer in situations where the wifi is slow.
Sounds like a good enough idea, unless, like me, you have limited cell data to play with.
Shortly after I first started using iOS 10 I suddenly noticed my cell data use was way higher than I could account for. If this continued I would exceed my monthly limit in just a couple more days so I shut off cell data to ensure I would only use wifi.
Now I learn that this is caused by a new setting in iOS 10 and all I had to do is shut it off to get back to "normal".

I don't know if everyone but me already knows about this. I just saw the tip yesterday on Facebook.
In Settings>Cellular> scroll waaayy down to the very bottom, there is a slider to turn off Wi-fi Assist.
With this turned on it allows your iPhone to use your cellular data to speed up data transfer in situations where the wifi is slow.
Sounds like a good enough idea, unless, like me, you have limited cell data to play with.
Shortly after I first started using iOS 10 I suddenly noticed my cell data use was way higher than I could account for. If this continued I would exceed my monthly limit in just a couple more days so I shut off cell data to ensure I would only use wifi.
Now I learn that this is caused by a new setting in iOS 10 and all I had to do is shut it off to get back to "normal".

Good to know. I've been waiting to download iOS 10 so I could wait and see if people were having problems with it.

Handy tip to know! I have unlimited data, but I had turned it off thinking it might keep the battery going longer? Decided to turn it on and see if I notice any difference.

And anyone else as annoyed as me that they put it waaaaay at the bottom? You have to scroll through ALL the apps to get to it. It should be above that list of apps IMO. [emoji34]

Handy tip to know! I have unlimited data, but I had turned it off thinking it might keep the battery going longer? Decided to turn it on and see if I notice any difference.

And anyone else as annoyed as me that they put it waaaaay at the bottom? You have to scroll through ALL the apps to get to it. It should be above that list of apps IMO. [emoji34]

Should be off by default IMO

Back
Top Bottom