A B S T R A C T S

"And a rock feels no pain; And an island never cries." ~Paul Simon

View attachment 30346

This is a re-edit of an old abstract. I used iColorama, PixlrExpress+, PhotoCopier and Filterstorm.

Hey wow RoseCat this is absolute bee pop paloooooooza beautiful to mega mega magnanimous max! :)

The texture and small vibrant red highlights just make this abstract more than well deserving of an additional Robertism ... abstractsauce!!!

Hey wow RoseCat this is absolute bee pop paloooooooza beautiful to mega mega magnanimous max! :)

The texture and small vibrant red highlights just make this abstract more than well deserving of an additional Robertism ... abstractsauce!!!
:notworthy: Wow!! I'm honored Robert!! Your Robertisms always boost me up, and this one is a doozy! Thank you! :D

ImageUploadedByMobiTog1359349438.983735.jpg

ProCreate, AltPhoto, Lo-Mob

Wow and wow again. Wonderful images Catherine. So glad I found this thread. I have to go through it again and make sure I have all the apps you used. Yeah, pathetic really - I should do my own exploring :eek::confused: This is why I am finding MobiTog to be such a wonderful resource. For new apps to use and, of course, inspiration. :):):)

Wow and wow again. Wonderful images Catherine. So glad I found this thread. I have to go through it again and make sure I have all the apps you used. Yeah, pathetic really - I should do my own exploring :eek::confused: This is why I am finding MobiTog to be such a wonderful resource. For new apps to use and, of course, inspiration. :):):)
Thank you so very much Ken! :D

Pathetic? Not at all!! Before I became the AppWhore that I am ( :sneaky: ) I used to look through my friend's Flickr feeds to see if there were any interesting apps I didn't have, or if a photo really caught my eye I'd check to see if the artist had tagged the apps they used. Sometimes I would outright ask, but I learned very quickly that some people guarded their camera bag very closely. This has always seemed weird to me... Painters don't keep their brand of paints or brushes a secret. Musicians don't guard the brand of their instrument like the Crown Jewels. We can all use the exact same apps, and still all our work will be unique to the artist.

That's one of the reasons I too was so overjoyed at finding MobiTog. The warm and sharing atmosphere spoke to me immediately and I knew this would be my online "home" for the passion we all share. :inlove:

So search away and make your app lists! Be sure also to visit our thread listing MobiPeeps' essential apps: http://www.mobitog.com/threads/essential-apps.12492/

Ken, I'm glad you're here, having fun and being inspired! :D

Thank you so very much Ken! :D

Pathetic? Not at all!! Before I became the AppWhore that I am ( :sneaky: ) I used to look through my friend's Flickr feeds to see if there were any interesting apps I didn't have, or if a photo really caught my eye I'd check to see if the artist had tagged the apps they used. Sometimes I would outright ask, but I learned very quickly that some people guarded their camera bag very closely. This has always seemed weird to me... Painters don't keep their brand of paints or brushes a secret. Musicians don't guard the brand of their instrument like the Crown Jewels. We can all use the exact same apps, and still all our work will be unique to the artist.

That's one of the reasons I too was so overjoyed at finding MobiTog. The warm and sharing atmosphere spoke to me immediately and I knew this would be my online "home" for the passion we all share. :inlove:

So search away and make your app lists! Be sure also to visit our thread listing MobiPeeps' essential apps: http://www.mobitog.com/threads/essential-apps.12492/

Ken, I'm glad you're here, having fun and being inspired! :D

That is so spot on. And also the Western Tradition of Art is littered with artists that have taken from previous generations of artists. One that comes immediately to mind is: Picasso and Braque took from Cezanne, who took from Poussin, who took from Titian and Raphael - a thread spanning many centuries and art movements. And everything that they learned (by copying in a lot of cases as a learning exercise) was filtered through their own sensibilities, ultimately generating art that was unique to themselves. And doesn't it just :) feel good:) to share? :)

That is so spot on. And also the Western Tradition of Art is littered with artists that have taken from previous generations of artists. One that comes immediately to mind is: Picasso and Braque took from Cezanne, who took from Poussin, who took from Titian and Raphael - a thread spanning many centuries and art movements. And everything that they learned (by copying in a lot of cases as a learning exercise) was filtered through their own sensibilities, ultimately generating art that was unique to themselves.
So true!

Back
Top Bottom