Anna Springs

I bet it's just wonderful! :in love: I remember when we (aka my Grandpa and Uncle - Dad was a musician and couldn't build a hen house, LOL) built our house when I was a kid... The 6 of us lived in an Airstream trailer for the first year, then me and my brothers slept in the house once the walls and roof were put in (there was a wood stove inside for heat - I remember the chimney got clogged once and the house filled with smoke, and all our clothes smelled like smoke.) Two years later we had a brand new sparkly home! When the flooring and carpeting and all the finishing touches were finally completely, but before we'd moved anything into the house, me and my BFF got to have a sleepover on the floor of my parent's room. I can remember the smell of new carpet and how I loved it (which I still love to this day, even though I know it's probably the smell of toxic chemicals!) I was so excited that we had a brand new house I could barely sleep! :D
Oh, what a wonderful adventure!! I love that you lived in an Airstream trailer although I'm sure it was quite crowded! (And, you are probably right about the toxic chemicals!)

Oh, what a wonderful adventure!! I love that you lived in an Airstream trailer although I'm sure it was quite crowded! (And, you are probably right about the toxic chemicals!)
Mom & Dad got the bedroom in the back, I slept on the couch and my 3 brothers on the floor next to me in sleeping bags, lined up like sardines! I only have good memories of it all though, an adventure indeed! Grandma and Grandpa were next door so we ate at their house a lot. :D

Lisa, I just noticed this thread for the first time. Congrats on the house! I love all of your shots. Great idea to do such detailed and minimal shots. Really creative and helps tell the story of the process! We built our house about 11 years ago and have tons of photos of the progress, but I wish I had thought to take some detail shots.

Mom & Dad got the bedroom in the back, I slept on the couch and my 3 brothers on the floor next to me in sleeping bags, lined up like sardines! I only have good memories of it all though, an adventure indeed! Grandma and Grandpa were next door so we ate at their house a lot. :D
Is that what helped foster your love of camping?

Lisa, I just noticed this thread for the first time. Congrats on the house! I love all of your shots. Great idea to do such detailed and minimal shots. Really creative and helps tell the story of the process! We built our house about 11 years ago and have tons of photos of the progress, but I wish I had thought to take some detail shots.
Thank you, Leslie! Now I need to take photos of the finished product! Stay tuned.

Fabulous thread, Lisa. You have an incredible eye for detail. I love how you've managed to capture humour in inanimate objects. :D

Fabulous thread, Lisa. You have an incredible eye for detail. I love how you've managed to capture humour in inanimate objects. :D
Thanks so much Rich. I really appreciate your kind words!

I love this series. There's nothing more epic and intimate, exciting and challenging then building a home with your loved ones from the ground up. You're capturing it.
It has been all of that and then some!! Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom