Anna Springs

Love your Skylight!

Really liking your series here!

For those that want to know....
Rebar is a metal rod or a mesh in some cases (mostly in floor slabs) that gives the concrete more strength. Normally in a wall they are run both vertically as well as horizontally. The distance between them is determined by building codes for where the house is built. The loop that is part of the picture is actually a form tie these hold the sections of forms together. In some places the ties are a flat bar that has a slot at the end. Once the concrete has set the forms are removed there and the ties are snapped off. If this were the actual rebar it would fail the inspections because rebar has to have a min of a couple inches of concrete over them. If exposed rebar will corrode and rust and become ineffective. Most bridges use concrete with rebar but because it is exposed to more stress and salt will eventually leech through the concrete, this is why they redo bridge decks more often.

SO great!! I know this stuff well! (My Grandpa and Uncle built our house when I was 12...)
Thanks, Catherine!! It's been quite the journey.

Love all of these images Lisa :inlove:. The minimalism is superb !
Delta, thank you so much!!! I really appreciate the comment!

Bingo indeed ... and you win ... a house! :D

Another awesome addition to your building project journey.
Thanks, Robert!!

I love the way this shot is composed, with the structure on the left hand side edge if photo. How did you take this photo? Looking upwards?
Thank you!! From the front, the structure appears to be a one story house but it also has a walk-out basement which is seen from the back of the house. I was standing in the back of the house looking up at the main floor.

Can I ask you Lisa to go through how you achieved this photo? Tx xx
I did not go through too many steps on this one. I shot the image using 6x6 and applied a filter from AltPhoto...two of my go-to apps!! ;)

image.jpg
Under Pressure
(testing the gas line to the cooktop to be sure there are no leaks)

Lisa,

What a great project! Perfectly suited for your strengths. A photo book of the finished project will serve as a great life record for your home and marriage (which building a house can really test or solidify). A truly unique documentary project by a fantastic artist! I am looking forward to the rest in the series. You have such marvelous talent! Thanks for sharing.....

Thank you so much, Scott! I always appreciate your kind words. I definitely will make a photo book when this adventure comes to an end. :)

Back
Top Bottom