B&W RESULT: Black and White Challenge #273…Ends April 9

Very difficult choices this week as there were a lot of wonderful photos this week. There were several I kept coming back to, and anyone of these could have, should have been the winner.
The top spot goes to Jacosta Jodi’s Splash with its ebullient tendrils of surf caught in exquisite stop motion cutting across a silhouetted background figure. Many thumbs up!
View attachment 191575
In second is chineezguy Michael’s Jeff lives in his minivan capturing Jeff’s well worn face evoking a variety of feelings. It brings to mind Walker Evans dust bowl portraits.
View attachment 191576

In third are two of sdimbour Sandra’s photos. I really like the floor’s eye view of cigarette holding hand - it has a louche and mysterious sensibility. And I love the hotel room with its contrasting arcs and straight lines, the glow behind the mirror, all set off against the amorphous negative space of the foreground.
View attachment 191577View attachment 191578
Kudos to everyone for all the great submissions.
Yay Jacosta! Congrats to chineezguy and sdimbour too :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Very difficult choices this week as there were a lot of wonderful photos this week. There were several I kept coming back to, and anyone of these could have, should have been the winner.
The top spot goes to Jacosta Jodi’s Splash with its ebullient tendrils of surf caught in exquisite stop motion cutting across a silhouetted background figure. Many thumbs up!
View attachment 191575
In second is chineezguy Michael’s Jeff lives in his minivan capturing Jeff’s well worn face evoking a variety of feelings. It brings to mind Walker Evans dust bowl portraits.
View attachment 191576

In third are two of sdimbour Sandra’s photos. I really like the floor’s eye view of cigarette holding hand - it has a louche and mysterious sensibility. And I love the hotel room with its contrasting arcs and straight lines, the glow behind the mirror, all set off against the amorphous negative space of the foreground.
Very thoughtful reviews, David - and good choices! Super congrats Jacosta Jodi - well done!! High fives to chineezguy Michael and sdimbour Sandra - beautiful images from everyone.

View attachment 191575
View attachment 191576

Thanks deepop for my 3rd place.
And congrats to Jacosta and chineezguy love your pics!!! :lmao:

Back
Top Bottom