B&W RESULT: Black and White Challenge #273…Ends April 9

Repetition
IMG_20230403_165155-01.jpeg

Wow…that must have been a bit traumatizing. :(

Yes it was as I knew in my mind straight away that people sadly died, then I gave my photographs of the crash to the police and then radio stations got in touch for interviews.

This is the bank at the Union Metro Station in Los Angeles. Many movies have been filmed here. I believe that this was my 14 Pro Max. All edits were in the Apple Editor. For this one, I liked the Noir filter. I then made some tonal adjustments after.
IMG_1620.jpeg

Is there a limit to the amount of entries? I don't want to be "that guy." : )
Nope. As I mentioned elsewhere, I've posted a dozen in a week on more than one occasion when I got excited.

EDIT: I suppose there is a limit at some point when you might be asked to hold some for the next round, but nobody's hit it yet :lmao:

Last edited:
This is the bank at the Union Metro Station in Los Angeles. Many movies have been filmed here. I believe that this was my 14 Pro Max. All edits were in the Apple Editor. For this one, I liked the Noir filter. I then made some tonal adjustments after.
View attachment 191400
Beautiful look. I used to use several different apps for b/w, but these days I most often start out with the Noir filter in Apple Photos and then, as you said, tune it a bit elsewhere.

Beautiful look. I used to use several different apps for b/w, but these days I most often start out with the Noir filter in Apple Photos and then, as you said, tune it a bit elsewhere.
That Apple Noir filter is a sleeper. It really does a nice job! Thank you for the nomination!

I like the contrast of this one. The leading lines of the jetty as well as the ripples either rolling in or fanning out of the corner which carry the eye out to the buoy. This was done in Hipstamatic. I honestly forget the lens or lens/film combo that I used for this one.
FullSizeRender 6.jpg

Last edited:
Interestingly enough, this was last year when we had a surprise weather pattern come in. The contrast of the tree against the mottled highlights of the clouds and the lonely bench sort of tell a story to me. I took this image into B&W in LR Mobile. I then adjusted the individual colors for sat, lum, and hue.
IMG_6967.JPG

Last one I promise. This is San Onofre State Beach in Southern California. It is one of the most iconic surf spots in all of the world. This is old mans. I used LR Mobile to bring this into B&W. The subject was pretty dark so I utilized the mask with a little dodge and burn to bring him to life. I did shoot this in RAW.
FullSizeRender 10.jpg

Interestingly enough, this was last year when we had a surprise weather pattern come in. The contrast of the tree against the mottled highlights of the clouds and the lonely bench sort of tell a story to me. I took this image into B&W in LR Mobile. I then adjusted the individual colors for sat, lum, and hue.
View attachment 191403
It’s a beautiful scene.

Last one I promise. This is San Onofre State Beach in Southern California. It is one of the most iconic surf spots in all of the world. This is old mans. I used LR Mobile to bring this into B&W. The subject was pretty dark so I utilized the mask with a little dodge and burn to bring him to life. I did shoot this in RAW.
View attachment 191404
Love the palm trees framing the image - great composition!

View attachment 191400
I am going to the wrong bank…..

Back
Top Bottom