HipstaPaks Bucktown HipstaPak - First Friday, March...

Venomator

MobiLifer
MobiStaff
Real Name
Rog...
Device
iPhone 13 Pro
IMG_0953.jpg

IMG_0949.jpg

IMG_0950.jpg

IMG_0951.jpg

IMG_0952.jpg

Bucktown pak initial thoughts : With the BlacKeys IR film the sky is over done void of any detail appearing pitch black in bright light conditions - I don't particularly care for that effect thus I may elect to use it on a lower contrast light day or manipulate shots using this film with post op controls . As for the Scott S. lens there is quite a bit of intended contrast with blown highlights . Again a bit too much for me , so I would either use on a lower contrast light day or see what I could manipulate down a touch with post op controls . I would also look for a lower contrast lens to try with the BlacKeys IR film (i.e. Jimmy) as a next step . *I believe good B&W IR shots are those that are not over the top with excessive blacks and glowing whites that scream : "Oh , that's an obvious IR B&W shot" - but instead have just enough of that "ghostly" appearance and contrast to make viewers ask : "What's going on here" ? Just my $0.02 cents worth . Will I still buy the Bucktown Pak ? Yes , as I believe there is enough potential with this pak to stimulate exploration with-it - plus I like the majority of Hipstamatic B&W films and believe the BlacKeys IR is still worth supporting (in spite of my initial minor gripes) .

Juryjone : An "other worldly" shot that works .
Venomator : Was able to provide a more subtle effect due to careful composition - which also works .
Both B&W shots represent different extremes / approaches that work well and capture the spirit of the moment .
Like I suggested - If you are a B&W fan this is a pak worth investing in ... Then there are post app opportunities in : Dynamic Light , Mixtures , etc. that can : "Bend It Like Beckham" and push the envelop in a whole new direction ...

Back
Top Bottom