Circus of the Absurd

I can so relate to this. I don't know why it's sometimes so difficult to evaluate one's own work. I think the best tip an artist gave me was to flip the photo horizontally and often the mistakes are glaring because your eyes see it completely differently. Or stand with your iPad in front of a mirror to see the reverse.
That's a great idea!

ImageUploadedByMobiTog1469677577.160811.jpg

The Bizarrest Show on Earth

Good mix. The blonde skull is great, and Yappy Hour :lmao::lmao::lmao:
:D :D :D
Thanks guys. :)

I overlapped two things to make the "skull" (street art + a restaurant logo of a cartoon dog)... every image in this series (except the starting background texture) is from stuff I shot during a visit last summer to Asbury Park, NJ and my Wildwood amusement park visit in November.

And, if it isn't already obvious, every image is my *homage* to the clown the USA currently has running for president. So the skull = woman+dog, just one of the many terms he likes to use to describe women.

Last edited:
What do you mean, Jenny, you are the Queen of abstract. I think you will do great in this.

I hope so - bring on the video tutorial & let's see! I'm a bit uncertain about the difference between some of what I've called "digital collage" in the past and what I'm seeing in yours and Cat's stunning pieces. But I'm always keen to learn a new wrecking technique :)

I hope so - bring on the video tutorial & let's see! I'm a bit uncertain about the difference between some of what I've called "digital collage" in the past and what I'm seeing in yours and Cat's stunning pieces. But I'm always keen to learn a new wrecking technique :)
While I was videoing, they started drilling in the apartment above me and I didn't realise it went on for the whole video! I used to be a programmer on an investment trading floor and got so used to all the noise that I am totally able to cancel out any background noise so I didn't even realise lol. It drives my DH insane because when I read a book he literally has to shout at me to get my attention. :lol: So will have to redo it. I also realise I'm getting long-winded and verbose in my old age so going to try and cut it down to half. :lmao:

I see the Wrecking Yard mentioned quite often. Am I correct in understanding this contains images to use pieces and parts of to create a new whole? And I can donate to it, as well?

I see the Wrecking Yard mentioned quite often. Am I correct in understanding this contains images to use pieces and parts of to create a new whole? And I can donate to it, as well?
Well, not this particular thread which is my own small series of politically inspired collages, but yes, The Wrecking Yard is an ongoing project where you use the "fodder" people have donated to create whatever inspires you. All creations get uploaded to The Wrecking Yard only (like the famous saying goes, what happens in the Wrecking Yard stays in the Wrecking Yard!! LOL)

Pop over and check it out!! http://www.mobitog.com/threads/wrecking-yard.21333/

View attachment 80136
Circus of the Absurd
Image Blender, VSCO, Snapseed

A recent Wrecking Yard request (thank you zenjenny!) led to resurrecting an image that's been in my camera roll for at least a couple years(?), waiting for something inspiring to happen. Also lying in wait were several bits and pieces I shot last fall while exploring an amusement park closed for the season, saved in my "to edit" folder.

As this piece unfolded, it became clear to me that it represented a lot of the feelings I've had the past few days regarding the USA's political climate. So, ultimately, this is the result of spending WAY too much time online reading FB posts and articles (thanks a bunch, 98° gross weather.) [emoji849]

Great stuff. Love it

Back
Top Bottom