Collections : A Study

And here are some closeups of the four faux coins from the bookshelf shrine above:

IMG_9086.jpeg

IMG_9087.jpeg

When we had the downstairs remodeled, I tossed everything that didn’t bring me joy. Well, sort of. I had a pretty large collection of stars (go figure). I only kept one. I threw out or gave away clutter. Consequently I have to be creative.
Are two godzillas a collection?
IMG_1891.jpeg

When we had the downstairs remodeled, I tossed everything that didn’t bring me joy. Well, sort of. I had a pretty large collection of stars (go figure). I only kept one. I threw out or gave away clutter. Consequently I have to be creative.
Are two godzillas a collection?
View attachment 199369
Absolutely ..2 Godzillas make a collection!
(Heck even one item could be a collection in progress)

5 out of 5 stars!
Is the tall guy from Imperial and the smaller one from Bandai?

Last edited:
Absolutely ..2 Godzillas make a collection!
(Heck even one item could be a collection in progress)

5 out of 5 stars!
Is the tall guy from Imperial and the smaller one from Bandai?
We call the smaller one Godzuki. It was a baby Godzilla in one of the Japanese subtitled movies. In the movie the baby Godzilla looked quite different, but you gotta work with what you have. :D

IMG_9077.jpeg

The recovered camera collection, all 35mm film rangefinders. Left to right: Kiev IV, Minolta AL-S, Zorki-6, Yashica Lynx-1000, Fed 2

The front 2 are fixed lens cameras, with the Lynx maybe edging out the AL-S as a favorite. Both have selenium lightmeters that don't require batteries. The back 3 are all Soviet era interchangeable lens cameras, with the Kiev using a Contax-style mount and the Zorki and Fed using a Leica screw mount. Of those 3, the Zorki was probably my favorite by a nose.

View attachment 199425

The recovered camera collection, all 35mm film rangefinders. Left to right: Kiev IV, Minolta AL-S, Zorki-6, Yashica Lynx-1000, Fed 2

The front 2 are fixed lens cameras, with the Lynx maybe edging out the AL-S as a favorite. Both have selenium lightmeters that don't require batteries. The back 3 are all Soviet era interchangeable lens cameras, with the Kiev using a Contax-style mount and the Zorki and Fed using a Leica screw mount. Of those 3, the Zorki was probably my favorite by a nose.
Fantastic collection!
They look great together..very complimentary.
(Zorki-6 sounds like a Trek planet not yet visited!)

Last edited:
View attachment 199425

Very cool. What is that mount about?

A stumbled on collection. We are remodeling another space in our house, the hallway (more of a center room that all other rooms open into). It’s been a catch all area for many years, accumulating some of everyone’s stuff.
I had to text my kids, who owned a humidor with a cigar collection?
IMG_1189.jpeg

A stumbled on collection. We are remodeling another space in our house, the hallway (more of a center room that all other rooms open into). It’s been a catch all area for many years, accumulating some of everyone’s stuff.
I had to text my kids, who owned a humidor with a cigar collection?
View attachment 199433
Nice! 5 bonus points for a collection that comes w/ a mystery!

View attachment 199425

They all look great, but I’m especially liking the case on the Yashica.

Four-in-one
background: Encyclopedia Britannica Great Books series (bought in the mid 1980s, still have about half to read.)
top shelf: Monster Girls vinyl figures (there are many more but they’ve gone from $7 each to $50 each on E-Bay. Left to right: Cleo De Nile, Lagoona Blue, Draculaura, Frankie Stein, Clawdeen Wolf, Abby Bominable, Ghoulia Yelps.)
bottom shelf left: Casio Forester watches in all three colors (ignore the fact that they’re all showing different times because I haven’t wound them in months.)
bottom shelf middle and right: shoujo manga. Middle: Rose of Versailles by Riyoko Ikeda published by Udon Entertainment. This is the first ever release of this classic 1970s manga in English. Right: Sailor Moon by Naoko Takeuchi. This Eternal Edition by Kodansha Comics is the best English release of this iconic 1980s manga in my opinion.

HipstamaticPhoto-726514423.051423.jpeg

Last edited:
Four-in-one
background: Encyclopedia Britannica Great Books series (bought in the mid 1980s, still have about half to read.)
top shelf: Monster Girls vinyl figures (there are many more but they’ve gone from $7 each to $50 each on E-Bay. Left to right: Cleo De Nile, Lagoona Blue, Draculaura, Frankie Stein, Clawdeen Wolf, Abby Bominable, Ghoulia Yelps.)
bottom shelf left: Casio Forester watches in all three colors (ignore the fact that they’re all showing different times because I haven’t wound them in months.)
bottom shelf middle and right: shoujo manga. Middle: Rose of Versailles by Riyoko Ikeda published by Udon Entertainment. This is the first ever release of this classic 1970s manga in English. Right: Sailor Moon by Naoko Takeuchi. This Eternal Edition by Kodansha Comics is the best English release of this iconic 1980s manga In my opinion.

View attachment 199443
Cool and varied collections Kent!
5 out of 5 stars!

Are those related to the Monster High Dolls line?
&
I had Funk & Wagnalls encyclopedias…bought one a week at the grocery store..early 80’s…

Cool and varied collections Kent!
5 out of 5 stars!

Are those related to the Monster High Dolls line?
&
I had Funk & Wagnalls encyclopedias…bought one a week at the grocery store..early 80’s…
Thank you, and yes, the vinyl figures are based on Mattel’s Monster High dolls. I’m a fan of the various webisodes, specials and movies surrounding the characters.

I remember those Funk & Wagnalls encyclopedias. Some of my friends parents owned them. But these books aren’t the encyclopedia, but the Great Books series. Great Books of the Western World - Wikipedia

Last edited:
Thank you, and yes, the vinyl figures are based on Mattel’s Monster High dolls. I’m a fan of the various webisodes, specials and movies Surrounding the characters.

I remember those Funk & Wagnalls encyclopedias. Some of my friends parents owned them. But these books aren’t the encyclopedia, but the Great Books series. Great Books of the Western World - Wikipedia
Interesting series! & I vote yes to anything that keeps monsters in the pop culture eye.
I always enjoy seeing what all everyone collects and how they display them .
Thanks for adding your collections to the thread!

Back
Top Bottom