Collections : A Study

Disastrous Wolf 7126

Curator of Collections
Real Name
Steve
Device
iPhone 11
Welcome to “Collections : A Study”
A place to collect your collections in photos.
Buttons, books, or bottles …. thimbles, tea cups, or tin robots…
Displayed, contained, or even sprawled!

One ask …please share what your collection consists of and how you captured it.

Here’s a few of my collections to start:

Markers
Hipstamatic / Big Bertha / Manneken

Boba Fett Coins
Hipstamatic / Mark / BlacKeys 44

Plastic Safari Animals
Hipstamatic / Big Bertha / Ring Master 71
HipstamaticPhoto-725940319.445490.jpeg
HipstamaticPhoto-725940986.231010.jpeg
HipstamaticPhoto-725948159.609779.jpeg

Last edited:

Markers

Boba Fett Coins

Plastic Safari Animals
Hipstamatic / Big Bertha / Ring Master 71View attachment 199254View attachment 199255View attachment 199256
This reminds me even more that we have to clear up the house we live in :confused:Nice collections you have and well organized :) :thumbs: About text formatting I just tested and highlighted a word and clicked Bold. Worked for me on my iPad Pro 12,9 2021 version

This reminds me even more that we have to clear up the house we live in :confused:Nice collections you have and well organized :) :thumbs: About text formatting I just tested and highlighted a word and clicked Bold. Worked for me on my iPad Pro 12,9 2021 version
Sorry to repeat myself, I explained in the Future of Mobitog thread. It’s the brackets on the right on the tool bar. Click on them and your text options will come back on (or turn off, depending).

throwing our a few variations to help with ideas for your collections: “intentional & unintentional“..there are just so many types of collections ..& whatever you choose don’t forget to have fun !

Yeti
Hipstamatic
Smith / Eagle 69

Tools
Hipstamatic
Muller / Odakyu

HipstamaticPhoto-725994053.882274.jpeg
HipstamaticPhoto-725995883.711292.jpeg

Last edited:
IMG_9074.jpeg

A shrine of sorts on a bookshelf in my home office. In the center is The Parking Fairy, made for me by Lorraine. Scattered about are some tarot decks, including The Science Tarot. On the left is a WW2 Armed Services booklet on magic, The Art of Illusion, plus a expired roll of Fomapan 35mm b/w film and a clone of Dolly the Sheep. On the right are two vacuum tubes, a folding rule that belonged to my grandfather, and a Stirling engine made by my dad after he retired.

Last edited:
“Reserved for Ted”!
Really varied and interesting items.
What kind of coins are next to Dolly?

& thanks for taking the time to be our 1st collection postee!

Last edited:
“Reserved for Ted”!
Really varied and interesting items.
What kind of coins are next to Dolly?

& thanks for taking the time to be our 1st collection postee!
Sharp eyes. Those are steel pieces made "in the style of" carved coins, a tramp art sorta thing, carved with a CNC rig, if I remember correctly, somebody's Kickstarter project that I backed. I'll see if I can get some decent closeups.

Markers

Boba Fett Coins

Plastic Safari Animals
Hipstamatic / Big Bertha / Ring Master 71View attachment 199254View attachment 199255View attachment 199256
I will enjoy following along here! I have been living in a tiny house on wheels for a little over 3 years, have sized down my life quite a bit, and no longer have any collections. Although...... I do have a drawer full of tea, and a drawer full of herbs/spices, and a small shelf with several mugs, so maybe I do have a couple collections. :thinking:

I will enjoy following along here! I have been living in a tiny house on wheels for a little over 3 years, have sized down my life quite a bit, and no longer have any collections. Although...... I do have a drawer full of tea, and a drawer full of herbs/spices, and a small shelf with several mugs, so maybe I do have a couple collections. :thinking:
And you had a box of hammers and onions.

A tiny house! Have watched a lot of YouTube on tiny homes.
That‘s a really cool way to live.

Those sound like pretty important collections to me! Bring ‘em on!

I'm not sure whether this counts as a collection or not, but it's something I've been working on for a while. Right now, the pieces are held in place with some very grippy double-stick tape, but that makes them difficult to replace (and usually damages the back of the mount), and what I really want is a rotating collection. I've been searching for a way to create some kind of magnetic mount. I have some magnetic thumbtack-like bits, but they don't work well through the thickness of the mat board framing. Next I'm going to try some magnetic tape on the doors and wall (the stickum pulls off easily) combined with metal tape on the back of the prints.

IMG_9078.jpeg

I'm not sure whether this counts as a collection or not, but it's something I've been working on for a while. Right now, the pieces are held in place with some very grippy double-stick tape, but that makes them difficult to replace (and usually damages the back of the mount), and what I really want is a rotating collection. I've been searching for a way to create some kind of magnetic mount. I have some magnetic thumbtack-like bits, but they don't work well through the thickness of the mat board framing. Next I'm going to try some magnetic tape on the doors and wall (the stickum pulls off easily) combined with metal tape on the back of the prints.

View attachment 199291
Absolutely Ted. That’s a great organized collection. All your own work? They look well placed / 5 stars.

Absolutely Ted. That’s a great organized collection. All your own work? They look well placed / 5 stars.
Those and many more. I enjoy printing, so I have way more prints available than I have wall space to hang them (especially since they have to compete for space with a bunch of Japanese and Chinese block prints that Lorraine has collected).

Back
Top Bottom