Double Exposure Experimentation

Here's a tip I'll share for those interested in doing double exposures in an app....

What I do is collect as many royalty-free pics as I can that will blend well with my photos or make for a unique piece - trees, leaves, water splashes, glass fragments, etc. Then I just import them into my device, and use them to blend with my original photos.

Fundy: if you pinch OUT on a photo in Diana, you can stretch it and move it around some.
Yes, I had meant to say I couldn't resize smaller to fit a larger image into the square.

thanks for getting me going on Double Exposures. It is fun to try some new apps.

image.jpg

Another double exposure with Diana.

Here's a tip I'll share for those interested in doing double exposures in an app....

What I do is collect as many royalty-free pics as I can that will blend well with my photos or make for a unique piece - trees, leaves, water splashes, glass fragments, etc. Then I just import them into my device, and use them to blend with my original photos.

Fundy: if you pinch OUT on a photo in Diana, you can stretch it and move it around some.
Hmm, I tried this and couldn't get it to work. Where do you pinch? The main combined or the two separate photos?

These are all great! And now there seems to be a horse's head in the middle... cool!
This is one of the panels from Mind's Garden and yes it's a horse :) I was looking for something a bit heavier looking, many of the panels have animals but things like birds have so many openings that they look lighter.

Hmm, I tried this and couldn't get it to work. Where do you pinch? The main combined or the two separate photos?
When you open image you can use pitch gestures to move or scale the image once it is selected and shows in the bottom you can't go back and scale/move.

Have we ever done a comp with double exposures? I think that would be fun.
So, tell us more how you would like to see it happen. I think it could be fun.
There are options,
Everyone using the same images.
Everyone can use a combination of any images.
Post one image and you have to either take a new image or one from your cameraroll.

Would be easy to set up if there is interest.

So, tell us more how you would like to see it happen. I think it could be fun.
There are options,
Everyone using the same images.
Everyone can use a combination of any images.
Post one image and you have to either take a new image or one from your cameraroll.

Would be easy to set up if there is interest.

Well, I kinda like the idea of a free-for-all where you can just put up a double exposure or perhaps using Diana only. I also like the idea of posting one image and then using someone else's image plus one of your own. Also, Hipstamatic only double exposures would be a real contest.

Waddaya think, folks?

Well, I kinda like the idea of a free-for-all where you can just put up a double exposure or perhaps using Diana only. I also like the idea of posting one image and then using someone else's image plus one of your own. Also, Hipstamatic only double exposures would be a real contest.

Waddaya think, folks?
We can do a free for all. How about a Christmas/holiday theme?
Because I don't know who all has Diana App it might be better to have any means of blending for the first one. Later we can restrict it to Diana or Hipstamatic.
So who all is interested?

We can do a free for all. How about a Christmas/holiday theme?
Because I don't know who all has Diana App it might be better to have any means of blending for the first one. Later we can restrict it to Diana or Hipstamatic.
So who all is interested?
Sounds like a great idea. I'm keen.
I'm especially interested to understand the mask & blending mode techniques used in Diana so I can make my own blends when Diana doesn't do the trick or when I really can't abide any more square restrictions.

I'm in, too. This will give me an excuse to play with the Diana app (even thought we're not restricting it to just that app)!

I'll give it a whirl! I haven't done much with any of double exposure apps I've collected, so it will be a good excuse to figure out what the heck I'm doing...with at least one.

Back
Top Bottom