• > STAY HOME & STAY SAFE! Dear MobiMembers - We are all aware of the current and serious situation the World is facing right now! We will not repeat what is already said, save to say we hope you will all heed the warnings, stay safe, look after yourselves and others and remain well. As much as we are able, let's all help each other to stay sane in our social distancing/isolation and face this thing down. Much love 'n hugs, Rog, Matt and all your MobiStaff... x x <

Duplicate Contacts

RoseCat

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
I have a ridiculous amount of duplicate contacts - each contact is in my address book 3-4 times. I think this is due to some madness with iCloud/iTunes syncing... I don’t know how I got this many versions but it’s making me CRAZY. I Googled and found a few apps that claimed they merged duplicate contacts but not one of them worked. :angry:

Short of spending literally HOURS manually deleting thousands, does anyone know of a miracle fix?? :tired:

MsDee

MobiLifer
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Dee
Device
iPhone 8 Plus
My 365
My MobiTog 365
I used Google contacts and Outlook duplicate merge contacts features... then export to a .csv for importing to ‘Apple world’... I still struggle with Apple’s contact syncing or lack thereof, duplicates, etc. :zip:

I used some of those programs you mentioned... getting the same results, made a mess of my contacts.

RoseCat

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
I used Google contacts and Outlook duplicate merge contacts features... then export to a .csv for importing to ‘Apple world’... I still struggle with Apple’s contact syncing or lack thereof, duplicates, etc. :zip:

I used some of those programs you mentioned... getting the same results, made a mess of my contacts.
Hmmmmm.... I guess exporting to a .csv file I could delete dupes on my computer.... it will still be a horrifying ordeal but easier than in my phone.