Everything Android

A follow up on this.
F-droid is an app store like google play but only houses free and open source apps.
On it I've found Blokada, an ad blocker for the whole phone, not just the browser. That, and an iOS version, gets discussed here.
I've also found Yalp (Play backwards) which allows you to download from the Google Play store without an account.
Ninja powers activate! :cool:

Last edited:
Just another plug for Asus File Manager.

Among other features is remote file management capabilitys via any browser on your network. Not so good at dowloading from a phone as that's quite limited but excellent for wirelessly uploading to your phone or between phones.

Recently I've needed to convert large video files for 'er in lockdown and my phone is quicker than my desktop at doing it. To transfer them to her phone, she opens File manager and starts the connection service and I open my browser at the right address. No login, no accounts.
I can move a few gig of multiple files to her phone without pluging anything in or either of us getting out of whatever supine or indolent position we find ourselves in.

My new favorite app is an onscreen ruler. I never need to find a physical one again for small jobs.
Screenshot_20210214_141710_com.ruler.hms.huawei.jpg

This one's called ruler by examobile.

Back
Top Bottom