HipstaPaks Fashion SnapPak out now!

Isn't 'melodic' and 'death metal' oxymoronic?
(And before PicsbyJCG sets me straight, I mean 'by definition').

That didn't help, did it o_O

It is lol.

But just a few months ago, I discovered a band with their roots in all that black/death metal crap, but with strong melodies and lyrics about other stuff than death, war, murder, hate and bloodfilled gore: Gojira, a french (!) band concerned with the environment, the planet & mostly the threatened oceans. Imagine that.

A new month, another new Pak.
Inspired by a Fashion Photographer Kevin Tachman.
Tachman Lens
Runway Film

View attachment 76797

View attachment 76798

Have not tried it too much or with a different combo yet...
View attachment 76799

View attachment 76800

View attachment 76801

View attachment 76802

This new pak is *vaguely* intriguing....so I downloaded it. But I think zenjenny may be correct that it's the great portraits and not the filter that make it seem so cool.

Some interesting posts with Tachman Lens on Hipstamatic Sardinia (Facebook). This weeks combo is Tachmann Lens, Gotland Film.

Not for me

No, not going to be something everyone will like, I got it because it looked so unlike Hipstamatics recent releases that all looked the same, something you can't say about this one...

Isn't 'melodic' and 'death metal' oxymoronic?
(And before PicsbyJCG sets me straight, I mean 'by definition').

That didn't help, did it o_O

Yes it can be quite different music, something that not everyone is going to like. Pure Death Metal I don't listen to but the melodic is not horrible.
My kids find it strange because I listen to a very wide range of music (they do too). In general I do not like rap either.
My father is to blame, he played a wide range of music from his youth right up to current pop.
I like a show called Rockwiz (from Austrailia) which you might watch too. My daughter likes the show and most time could easily win on shows like that. She can hear music and she can remember everything about it. In Calgary they have a call in radio show that she has won lots on, mostly a small money amount or meals at some restaurants etc. She talks to them often enough they know who it is by the phone number..

It is lol.

But just a few months ago, I discovered a band with their roots in all that black/death metal crap, but with strong melodies and lyrics about other stuff than death, war, murder, hate and bloodfilled gore: Gojira, a french (!) band concerned with the environment, the planet & mostly the threatened oceans. Imagine that.

I have listen to some of Gojira's music before.
Interesting set of discs that were out for a while was called Alternative Times and covered a wide range of music. These were complications that some group made, not a commercial venture. They did 119 cd's over about 3 years, I have them all though I burn everything to dvd's not cd's.

Pingasa Abyssiniaria - Geometridae

Tachman & Gotland
image.jpeg

I think Tachman lens can also enhance the sense of light in some pictures, especially if combined with b&w films. I made these in my sunny garden this afternoon. In the 3rd pictute I pulled the lens slider halfway left.
ImageUploadedByMobiTog1462729567.493677.jpg

ImageUploadedByMobiTog1462729612.737452.jpg

ImageUploadedByMobiTog1462729632.557721.jpg

For me the lens effect adds to the pictures' mood and mystery.

I'm sorry, but why is it that my attachments were duplicated? I'm sure I sent just one of each.

Pingasa Abyssiniaria - Geometridae

Tachman & Gotland
View attachment 76910

Are you a member of Hipstamatic Sardinia?
I am going through their archive making a list of all the weekly challenges they had. When I joined they were at I think week 173 and I have tried most since joining.
Thought might be interesting to start a similar challenge here though weekly might be to short.

I'm sorry, but why is it that my attachments were duplicated? I'm sure I sent just one of each.

A bug with the Mobitog app which is actually made by Tapatalk. I hoped an update would show up to fix this and the other bug that it has, a long messages where the text doesn't scroll when your typing. If you continue your typing blind. Posts alright just as your typing and exceed the box that opens, can see a little more in portrait but once filled it stops scrolling too.

I have listen to some of Gojira's music before.
Interesting set of discs that were out for a while was called Alternative Times and covered a wide range of music. These were complications that some group made, not a commercial venture. They did 119 cd's over about 3 years, I have them all though I burn everything to dvd's not cd's.

Time to re-discover them? New album coming this summer (maybe - delayed, postphoned & all that jazz over & over again due to tragedy in the two brother's family).

And their most recent live album kicks major heavy a** :D

Are you a member of Hipstamatic Sardinia?
I am going through their archive making a list of all the weekly challenges they had. When I joined they were at I think week 173 and I have tried most since joining.
Thought might be interesting to start a similar challenge here though weekly might be to short.
Yes I am and we used to have a weekly combo here on Mobitog - it would be good to bring it back

Maybe its just me (I'm an old grouch) but this pak and the last, just seem like Hipstamatic are desperate for ideas, re-hashing the.....make it a bit fuzzy, stick a funky border around it. How many times have we seen this now.
Don't get me wrong, I like Hipsta but it just seems like its getting tired. Anyone brave enough to agree ? ;)

Maybe its just me (I'm an old grouch) but this pak and the last, just seem like Hipstamatic are desperate for ideas, re-hashing the.....make it a bit fuzzy, stick a funky border around it. How many times have we seen this now.
Don't get me wrong, I like Hipsta but it just seems like its getting tired. Anyone brave enough to agree ? ;)

There's a whole thread or three of stalwart posts about Hipsta's 'evolution' - our little search fx should show you some like-mindedness :)

This all started when they released Oggl and made the part of it that there would be new gear every month. I don't think it has been the smartest move by them. Prior to Oggl releases were better and sometime farther apart and things seemed to fit better with both new and old lenses and films. Since Oggl a lot of the filters seem to be much closer together in look.

Many of us have commented that we would like to see things change back.

The other thing that I have noticed was support is not as good as before. I sent them some question when iOS 9.3 came out and told them about the issue with retina iPads running iPhone apps and having the photo picker go blank. When I was trying to fix that I uninstalled and reinstalled but now it claims I never had the Xmas films and lens. Asked but never heard anything back.

If it's true that Hipstamatic has only one developer, then it must be a tough job for him to take care of heavy apps like Oggl and Hipsta 300 - both still quite buggy - besides having to develop one new pair of film/lens every month.

I COMPLETELY agree. I used to be a HipstaAddict, and for a good year or two now I've stopped buying the paks because I find them so uncreative, and lots of times just plain ugly. I feel they've sadly lost their cool factor.

This all started when they released Oggl and made the part of it that there would be new gear every month. I don't think it has been the smartest move by them. Prior to Oggl releases were better and sometime farther apart and things seemed to fit better with both new and old lenses and films. Since Oggl a lot of the filters seem to be much closer together in look.

Many of us have commented that we would like to see things change back.

The other thing that I have noticed was support is not as good as before. I sent them some question when iOS 9.3 came out and told them about the issue with retina iPads running iPhone apps and having the photo picker go blank. When I was trying to fix that I uninstalled and reinstalled but now it claims I never had the Xmas films and lens. Asked but never heard anything back.
Oh that would really annoy me if one of my paks went.

Back
Top Bottom