HipstaPaks FIRST FRIDAY - OCTOBER - Alamo Heights Hipstapak

Populuxe

MobiAddict
Real Name
Kent Kangley
Device
iPhone15

Remember the photos!

Anthony 1718 lens. Selective desaturation. This selectively desaturating lens pops some colors while leaving others in grayscale. Made in San Antonio, Texas.

Payaya 60 film. Desaturated texture. Add subtle canvas texture with desaturated tones using this film.

Bexar 23 flash. Light pops. This unusual flash adds rough pops of painted light on the surface of your print.

Photo of Lake Tipsoo at Chinook Pass by me.

Original, unedited photo.

Anthony 1718 lens only.

Payaya 60 film only.

Bexar 23 flash only. The light pops come in pink or yellow. Perhaps other colors. These are the only two I’ve seen so far.

Anthony 1718 lens, Payaya 60 film.

All three.

Last edited:

Remember the photos!

Anthony 1718 lens. Selective desaturation. This selectively desaturating lens pops some colors while leaving others in grayscale. Made in San Antonio, Texas.

Payaya 60 film. Desaturated texture. Add subtle canvas texture with desaturated tones using this film.

Bexar 23 flash. Light pops. This unusual flash adds rough pops of painted light on the surface of your print.

Photo of Lake Tipsoo at Chinook Pass by me.

Original, unedited photo.

Anthony 1718 lens only.

Payaya 60 film only.

Bexar 23 flash only. The light pops come in pink or yellow. Perhaps other colors. These are the only two I’ve seen so far.

Anthony 1718 lens, Payaya 60 film.

All three.
Thanks for the heads up can’t say I’m overly impressed so far but well see

What the hell is going on with those dots? I thought Hipsta was all about improving the look of your photos, not obscuring them with pointless artefacts. The film and the lens may be useable, but that ridiculous flash is goin in the bin.

COHF2158[1].JPG

The Full Monty - Ideal for a school art project.

ISMV4197[1].JPG

Anthony Lens only - pleasant vintage effect.

PMII8158[1].JPG

Payaya Film only - high grain desaturated autochrome effect.

Last edited:
What the hell is going on with those dots? I thought Hipsta was all about improving the look of your photos, not obscuring them with pointless artefacts. The film and the lens may be useable, but that ridiculous flash is goin in the bin.
Right?!?! I just had to laugh… the only way I can see using these is for an abstract.

This still isn’t in the Hipstamart, but then again, neither is last month’s Fort Lauderdale Hipstapak or June’s Moab Hipstapak. Getting these Hipstapaks requires a bit of digging. I wonder how many sales Hipstamatic is losing because people don’t even know these packs are available? I don’t have Facebook or Instagram. Do they advertise them there? There’s no mention on their Twitter feed.

Anyway, here are a few more photos using the Alamo Heights Hipstapak (minus the flash).
B9B651A8-86FD-496C-BF78-0EA30AA35474.jpeg

009FB7C6-13EC-4F2F-8119-EACEE4C8E2D9.jpeg

5CD378E8-C8DF-4E74-BAD2-4C494A2C5C9F.jpeg

Last edited:
They did appear on the Instagram feed up to Moab I think and then they stalled. Prior to that, they appeared in the app. Now I go to Hipstamatic Gear on the web and still have to dig around to find them.

Aside from that useless flash, I really like the lens and film, I think they will be quite useful in separate combos with other elements. I like the red tint, especially with the chocolate colour base.

Not only the spots but also a texture all over the image. Interesting to see how much this one gets used. I'd have loved to have been in the development meeting for that flash, 'hey lets put yellow or pink spots all over the image'......'yeah great idea man' (said no one) !
What were they thinking though. :rolleyes:

So here we are - first friday in the month of november and no new Pak! Whats happeing?

So here we are - first friday in the month of november and no new Pak! Whats happeing?
This is what it’s going to be. Not buying again unless I see something great when people are able to download it.

Attachments

• 20770927-BAD3-41EB-AE04-5F69985A1FB1.jpeg
    20770927-BAD3-41EB-AE04-5F69985A1FB1.jpeg
    150.4 KB · Views: 50
  • 4F8E3AD4-A52A-47FE-A009-DF2E3B8DDE90.jpeg
    4F8E3AD4-A52A-47FE-A009-DF2E3B8DDE90.jpeg
    60.6 KB · Views: 11
It’s going to free at least.

A member of the Hipsta365 group on FB posted the image. If you go to the Hipstamart and just do a search for meta you will see it come up.

6C073033-8634-49E4-82C0-0C7588C0AC6C.jpeg
FB2384F8-7E11-4E7F-82D8-D7B6E924A3E3.jpeg

Hmm - Glad its free. The film is completely unuseable, as you cant shift the stupid text. Mercifully you can lose the ridiculous flag, but the rest is pointless.

The Dotty film is almost imperceptible halftone, which we've seen on an earlier release. I'm thinking Hipstamatic are running out of ideas. 2 out of 10

Just asking-what pray tell is the metaverse and why is it non fungible?
its the next big thing. Facebook is being re-branded as 'Meta', as Zuckerberg wants to distance himself from the bad PR. Non-Fungible is something about making an image saleable and having an intrinsic value online. Kind of crypto-currency area. Madness.

Back
Top Bottom