Indian Institute of Science, Bengaluru - Main Building

Chemotaxis

MobiStar
Real Name
Sagnik Dasgupta
Device
Android (Generic)
Hi, everyone! I'm new on these forums. Hope to have a good time.
20170317_205839_2089646696.jpg
Shot on OnePlus 3. Long exposure, low iso shots taken at night. Edited in polarr. [Update: On request, I have replaced the original image which was partly edited in Gimp to one that was completely built in polarr. Thanks JillyG ]
IMG_20170312_003204_01.jpg

Low exposure, hand held shot at high iso. Needs some work in gimp I think, especially with the moon. Some straightening might be necessary too.
20170317_003719_1274557143.jpg
I wish the moon was a little more to the right.

Let me know what you think. Have a lot to learn.
Regards,
Chemotaxis

Last edited:
Hi there, I really like the first one, great colours, even though I'm guessing its slightly unreal maybe.
Always good to see another Android user on this forum :thumbs:

I'd also suggest introduce yourself over at the 'Welcome' forum and you'll get people saying Hi and offering advice.

Last edited:
Hi there, I really like the first one, great colours, even though I'm guessing its slightly unreal maybe.
Always good to see another Android user on this forum :thumbs:

I'd also suggest introducing yourself over at the 'Welcome' forum and you'll get people saying Hi and offering advice.
Thank you for comments. You'd be surprised to know that the sky actually had an orangish hue, potentially from the clouds. That effect was enhanced with HSL adjustments.

View attachment 90705 Shot on OnePlus 3. Long exposure, low iso shots taken at night. Edited in polarr and gimp.
View attachment 90707
Low exposure, hand held shot at high iso. Needs some work in gimp I think, especially with the moon. Some straightening might be necessary too.
View attachment 90708 I wish the moon was a little more to the right.

Regards,
Chemotaxis
Great angles... and I love the colors in the first image. That purple sky!

View attachment 90705 Shot on OnePlus 3. Long exposure, low iso shots taken at night. Edited in polarr and gimp.
View attachment 90707

Regards,
Chemotaxis
Fabulous images Sagnik. I love the colour shot. I'm very impressed with what you're achieving with Polarr. Is that a favourite app?

Thank you for your kind words. Polarr is certainly my favorite. I have used snapseed in the past, but my heart lies with this one.
It always helps if you love an app. It makes you persevere when you might otherwise give up. You're certainly showing what can be done with it. :thumbs:

It always helps if you love an app. It makes you persevere when you might otherwise give up. You're certainly showing what can be done with it. :thumbs:
To be honest, while the HSL for the sky was adjusted in Polarr, I adjusted the temperature of the building in a separate copy of the original image, and then merged them in Gimp. So, yeah. Not completely in Polarr.

Great. :D As long as you are confident that you have processed it all on a mobile device, then post away.
Okay, so I re edited the original in Polarr, this time selectively adjusting the hue of the highlights, thus eliminating the use of Gimp altogether. Honestly, I think I like the warmer colour on the building in this version better. And I guess we can be cool about the fact that no desktop softwares were used anymore.
Hmmmm the problem with Gimp is that its a desktop application? That's not actually allowed here :whistle:

Okay, so I re edited the original in Polarr, this time selectively adjusting the hue of the highlights, thus eliminating the use of Gimp altogether. Honestly, I think I like the warmer colour on the building in this version better. And I guess we can be cool about the fact that no desktop softwares were used anymore.
:thumbs::) Have you reposted it?

View attachment 90717 Shot on OnePlus 3. Long exposure, low iso shots taken at night. Edited in polarr. [Update: On request, I have replaced the original image which was partly edited in Gimp to one that was completely built in polarr. Thanks JillyG ]
View attachment 90707

Regards,
Chemotaxis
Love the color image. It's the color of the window frames against the gray building that makes it for me

View attachment 90717 Shot on OnePlus 3. Long exposure, low iso shots taken at night. Edited in polarr. [Update: On request, I have replaced the original image which was partly edited in Gimp to one that was completely built in polarr. Thanks JillyG ]
View attachment 90707

Regards,
Chemotaxis
I love the color image, Sagnik! Gorgeous sky!

Back
Top Bottom