NEW iPad - 3rd Generation Anyone... :)

RoseCat said:
I totally hear ya Rog! :thumbs: All this talk has me yearning for this new toy... but I must say I thought this 3rd Gen would be like the difference between the iPhone 3 and the 4S. Just doesn't seem like they changed it much, so I'm thinking I should wait for the iPad 4. :confused:

Just remember: iProducts are like Star Trek movies. The even-numbered ones are the best.

richardcb said:
BTW, should I find it sinister that when I first powered up my iPad 3gen it defaulted into the Chinese language and a location of Taiwan? :zip:

The future's here, and it's Chinese! Better get cracking on those language classes, folks ;-)!

Venomator said:
So... :(

As no-one is, as I had fully anticipated, extolling the must have virtues of the supposedly 'to die for' and awesomest screen ever, I suppose I shall just stick with my trusy iPad2 and save the squidleys... ;)

Now, how long before the 'new' iPhone 5 6th Generation... :D

From MiPad2 using the awesome & FREE MobiTog App... :D
I finally sat down with my husband and compared the 2nd and 3rd Gen iPads... (I have not done any stress/speed testing or anything, just compared photos.) We both felt the displays were very close in quality. Working with my new iPad for only a few days, compared to my 1st Gen, there is a remarkable difference in display and speed!! :D

I haven't used the new iPad's camera yet, not sure when I will, other than sitting on a beach somewhere, or video chatting with my children and grandchildren once we move to Florida ;-)
(I've had the Xoom for months and rarely use the camera on that. Yes, I'm a gadget nut!) :D

I finally sat down with my husband and compared the 2nd and 3rd Gen iPads... (I have not done any stress/speed testing or anything, just compared photos.) We both felt the displays were very close in quality. Working with my new iPad for only a few days, compared to my 1st Gen, there is a remarkable difference in display and speed!! :D

I haven't used the new iPad's camera yet, not sure when I will, other than sitting on a beach somewhere, or video chatting with my children and grandchildren once we move to Florida ;-)
(I've had the Xoom for months and rarely use the camera on that. Yes, I'm a gadget nut!) :D
Thanks for the brief side-by-side compare Diana... :thumbs:

Sort of sums up and supports my reticence to cdash out and buy one then... :whistle:

I hope... :D

Teirrahk said:
Oh we got one too! We were near PDX over the weekend and took advantage of the no tax. LOL! This is our first time to have an iPad so it's very exciting! So far we are loving it. :)

Do you live near Portland? I grew up there! Try to take advantage of the no sales tax every time I visit my mom.

evenlake said:
Do you live near Portland? I grew up there! Try to take advantage of the no sales tax every time I visit my mom.

I live in downtown Seattle, but my mom lives in Vancouver, WA. We were visiting her for her birthday and since my parents live near PDX, we decided to pop by one of the Apple stores. The line wasn't long and there was no tax so we were like, let's get one!! Hahahaha!

Ok so since this is my 1st time owning an iPad, I'm finding I have to re-purchase an iPad version for most of my apps. Otherwise, I'll be looking at a fuzzy resolution. Grrr...I wish all my apps had the + sign...-_-

Venomator said:
So... :(

As no-one is, as I had fully anticipated, extolling the must have virtues of the supposedly 'to die for' and awesomest screen ever, I suppose I shall just stick with my trusy iPad2 and save the squidleys... ;)

Now, how long before the 'new' iPhone 5 6th Generation... :D

From MiPad2 using the awesome & FREE MobiTog App... :D

There was an article on Gawker where they sat down their interns, handed them iPad 2's, and told them they're the new iPads. Only 2 out of the interns could tell they were given the iPad 2. The others thought they were really the new iPad. You can't tell much difference. If I had an iPad 2, I'd get the iPad 4! :)

Also, there was speculation Apple dropped the number b/c someone at AppAdvice wrote an article that it was annoying they were naming their products with numbers and letters (i.e. 3GS, 4S, etc).

Teirrahk said:
There was an article on Gawker where they sat down their interns, handed them iPad 2's, and told them they're the new iPads. Only 2 out of the interns could tell they were given the iPad 2. The others thought they were really the new iPad. You can't tell much difference. If I had an iPad 2, I'd get the iPad 4! :)

Also, there was speculation Apple dropped the number b/c someone at AppAdvice wrote an article that it was annoying they were naming their products with numbers and letters (i.e. 3GS, 4S, etc).

Now that Apple's stopped numbering the iPad, will they follow suit with the iPhone? I can imagine the confusion that's going to cause in future:

"Have you got an iPad?"
"Yeah, I do, it's the iPad"
"1, 2, iPad or iPad or iPad or iPad?"
"I dunno, it's just called iPad!"

I supose they'll have to go by year of release?

AlyZen Moonshadow said:
Now that Apple's stopped numbering the iPad, will they follow suit with the iPhone? I can imagine the confusion that's going to cause in future:

"Have you got an iPad?"
"Yeah, I do, it's the iPad"
"1, 2, iPad or iPad or iPad or iPad?"
"I dunno, it's just called iPad!"

I supose they'll have to go by year of release?

LOL!! Yeah really. I don't even know why they care what people think if they name their products with letters and numbers. (o_O) I think it's easier to differentiate them that way. Oh well. I guess they'll just refer to it as, "Oh I got the cool new iPad b/c it's a lot better than the less cool iPad." (insert sarcasm here) Hehehehe!

:D ... or
"Oh, my iPad is the one that weighs x grams, is y mm thick, has a z MP camera and uses SIRI mach 4, and came with iOS10" (draws deep breath)
"Thats good, mine is a few grams less than yours, is about 10 microns thinner, has a camera 2 MP more than yours, uses SILI (the next step up from SIRI mach 4) and came with iOS13" (draws deeper breath)
"Oh, cool, so it's the newest iPad?"
"Yeah!" (breathes sigh of relief)

I hope they keep the numbers, but get rid of the letters - those annoy me! Should be 1, 2, 3, 4, 5...etc. What the heck is S for, anyway? :mad:

Sent from my iPhone using MobiTog

munichblue said:
S stands for speed Cat. Faster network connections, powerful processor.

Oh! Thank you for clarifying. :D

(((but they still annoy me))) ;)

Sent from my iPhone using MobiTog

Bye the way, I think the new nomenclature is part of their new business model which will be introduced soon. It works in a way that three months after a new iDevice has been introduced the old devices will be self-destroyed remote triggered by Apple. So everyone needs the new iDevice - no confusion about names and different generations. It's that simple. :)

Back
Top Bottom