jpclicks Project 365-2022

Clouds at Dusk
78/365
230113AF-5409-468F-A3AF-7BE0519F8D5C.jpeg

Painted in iColorama. Edited in TouchRetouch and Snapseed.

The Mill at Hemlock Gorge
80/365

Painted using iColorama and DistressedFX. Edited using ToouchRetouch and SnapSeed.

Sunset on West Street
81/365

Painted with iColorama. Edited in Snapseed.

I like both of these. Do you print any of your work? I'm guessing they'd look good on a lightly textured inkjet paper, what's usually called a fine art paper. (I'm one of those crazed souls who enjoys prints and falling down the rabbit hole of home printing.)

I like both of these. Do you print any of your work? I'm guessing they'd look good on a lightly textured inkjet paper, what's usually called a fine art paper. (I'm one of those crazed souls who enjoys prints and falling down the rabbit hole of home printing.)
Fine art paper? Why do you do these things? :lmao:

What do you do with your rabbit hole full of prints?

What do you do with your rabbit hole full of prints?
Line the walls of the warren. Excellent insulation.

EDIT: I hang a number in my home office. In the rest of the house, I have to compete with a collection of Japanese and Chinese block prints, so carving out some space is a challenge. I do change the prints fairly often. And some prints I keep in a stack for anyone who wants to flip through them (not that we've had many visitors in the past couple of years).

Last edited:
Line the walls of the warren. Excellent insulation.

EDIT: I hang a number in my home office. In the rest of the house, I have to compete with a collection of Japanese and Chinese block prints, so carving out some space is a challenge. I do change the prints fairly often. And some prints I keep in a stack for anyone who wants to flip through them (not that we've had many visitors in the past couple of years).
And I’m still printing my 365s. Lost the count of how many albums we have now. I have no idea why I’m still doing it. I never open the albums except for attaching new printouts :rolleyes: But not so high tech people, for ex my Mum loves them.

Thank you Ted! I haven't printed any of my photos. I should probably try. A friend and his wife did ask for the file of one of my pictures which they printed on canvas and hung in their house. That was very humbling :)

Thank you Ted! I haven't printed any of my photos. I should probably try. A friend and his wife did ask for the file of one of my pictures which they printed on canvas and hung in their house. That was very humbling
:)
Have a couple printed for you first, either by a local shop or an online service like Bay Photo, etc. Then you can see whether the printed version does something for you or not. For some people, it doesn't do anything special and is just a less vibrant version of the screen image. For others, a print is something a little different than the screen version and worth having for that reason. (I'm obviously in the latter group.)

If it turns out you do like having prints of your work, the sensible way to go is to try some different print services to find one that suits your work and is consistent. The less-than-sensible way to go is to buy your own printer, paper, and ink and spend part of your life learning how to make it all work (which is what I do because I enjoy the process... when it's not driving me crazy).

Have a couple printed for you first, either by a local shop or an online service like Bay Photo, etc. Then you can see whether the printed version does something for you or not. For some people, it doesn't do anything special and is just a less vibrant version of the screen image. For others, a print is something a little different than the screen version and worth having for that reason. (I'm obviously in the latter group.)

If it turns out you do like having prints of your work, the sensible way to go is to try some different print services to find one that suits your work and is consistent. The less-than-sensible way to go is to buy your own printer, paper, and ink and spend part of your life learning how to make it all work (which is what I do because I enjoy the process... when it's not driving me crazy).
I should’ve read this before I bough still another printer that I hate and won’t do what I ask it to do. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom