Latest Hipstamatic B&W Combinations You Are Using ?

Can you remove the frames before you shoot or is it an editing sort of thing? Can you shake all of them? There is so much more to Hipstamatic than combos. I have a long way to go!
I shoot with native camera and edit. I don’t think you can get rid of the frame when shooting with Hipsta, but you can remove it afterwards when editing. I think the shake changing things is just in editing, but maybe you can shake and shoot.

So chrisD46 Chris and lkbside Leslie, is there a way to look at images by the standard combos, I mean without mixing and matching.
You can see a lot of the standard combos in Hipsta X. Otherwise in regular Hipsta if you save the standard combo as a favorite you will see a little peek at what it will look at.

Shooting with Hipsta only shoots with the film, lens, flash you put in. The sliders aren’t activated while shooting - you have to adjust them during editing.

When editing with Hipsta you can highlight the film or lens, press search, and it will show you what the various options will look like.

B25FC90C-9FD6-46F0-A8C8-060190BDE204.jpeg
8454ED43-8D76-4C9D-AF28-45AA7CC494E9.png

Attachments

• 8B392062-DCB9-4E38-96EF-0EEF9F739712.png
    8B392062-DCB9-4E38-96EF-0EEF9F739712.png
    219.9 KB · Views: 7
I shoot with native camera and edit. I don’t think you can get rid of the frame when shooting with Hipsta, but you can remove it afterwards when editing. I think the shake changing things is just in editing, but maybe you can shake and shoot.
Now, that’s new to me, shaking during editing. It never occurred to me. I thought you could only shake the shake sort of cameras. OMG, HIpstamatic gets curiouser and curiouser………

You can see a lot of the standard combos in Hipsta X. Otherwise in regular Hipsta if you save the standard combo as a favorite you will see a little peek at what it will look at.

Shooting with Hipsta only shoots with the film, lens, flash you put in. The sliders aren’t activated while shooting - you have to adjust them during editing.

When editing with Hipsta you can highlight the film or lens, press search, and it will show you what the various options will look like.

View attachment 190313View attachment 190314
I’ve using Hipsta X mostly, keeping it to 20 combos I like. If I add one, I take one off. I’m trying not confuse myself, but I’m not sure it’s working. :lmao:

Yes - vintage clothing Starzee & Rosecat ! ... *I offered to sort all the clothing into their proper colors , styles , etc. just as I have done in my own closet (with Rosecat's approval) but the owner just quickly ushered me out the door and mumbled she had to close early today (lol !)

In all seriousness , I think this Hipsta exercise has shown me more about B&W combinations I just can't get to work for me no matter what I try to do while in Hipsta post processing ... Those will undergo a process of elimination shortly .

In all seriousness , I think this Hipsta exercise has shown me more about B&W combinations I just can't get to work for me no matter what I try to do while in Hipsta post processing ... Those will undergo a process of elimination shortly .
Could I have a list of what doesn’t work for you, so I can get rid of them myself? Save me a lot of frustration!! :lmao:

Could I have a list of what doesn’t work for you, so I can get rid of them myself? Save me a lot of frustration!! :lmao:
I like most of the B&W films - it's the lenses and sometimes the flash chosen that can cause B&W images to come out too dark . I don't care for Akira much (always too dark with B&W films) and John S. can be hit and miss with B&W films . Therefore I tend to go with Jane , Lowey , Helga Viking to begin . As Ikbside indicate earlier - you can take an image in one B&W combo - then cycle through the lens choices and or the B&W films in Hipstamatic to "dial in" the best combo for that specific subject . I do this with color as well - huge difference and every subject and every shot will be different what I choose . After a while you will start to get a better feel what lenses work for you (say , starting with just BlacKeys film) .

View attachment 190313View attachment 190314
Wowie! I‘ve always just shot 4 w/ each film to get the varied effects ..had no clue on the shake in editing. Many thanks for sharing!

Now, that’s new to me, shaking during editing. It never occurred to me. I thought you could only shake the shake sort of cameras. OMG, HIpstamatic gets curiouser and curiouser………
what a time saver! ..I can’t believe how much time I’ll cut down on choosing combos to shoot with or edits …I’ll be using Hipstamatic more than ever because of this site and the great tips here.

Back
Top Bottom