Long Exposure with iPhone

svop

MobiStarlet
Real Name
Sven Podssuweit
I like architecture pictures with long exposure. But long exposure with an iPhone is limited.

That's my solution: 2 single pictures. Here are the pictures after processing in Snapseed.

ImageUploadedByMobiTog1461317087.439014.jpg

ImageUploadedByMobiTog1461317125.040253.jpg

The movement of the clouds , I have simulated in Photopower.

Finally I used Superimpose and Snapseed ...

ImageUploadedByMobiTog1461317521.559280.jpg

I like architecture pictures with long exposure. But long exposure with an iPhone is limited.

That's my solution: 2 single pictures. Here are the pictures after processing in Snapseed.

View attachment 76177
View attachment 76178

View attachment 76179

Brilliant Sven. Thanks for sharing your process. Do you know what - I love the first, I presume unprocessed, one. I do like the processed one, but the first is my favourite. :confused::)

Hi Sven,
I love architecture and photographs of details particularly. Your post processing is nicely done. Guess I just prefer the sharper original though.
Dave

Can you tell me more about photo 2 - the streaking clouds?
Pretty sure this is radial blurring, this pic is an old truck but gives the idea. Would be similar with clouds.
image.jpeg

I have had the app quite a while, if you don't have it you might have to go look at it. The iPhone version is currently $0.99US, the iPad version is free. It also has a decent HDR section to it.
Size limit is GPUs so on my iPad 4096x4096 and will save as tiff, png's, gif, jpg where you can set quality, default is 100% or best quality.
Filters are all adjustable

Pretty sure this is radial blurring, this pic is an old truck but gives the idea. Would be similar with clouds.
View attachment 77982
I have had the app quite a while, if you don't have it you might have to go look at it. The iPhone version is currently $0.99US, the iPad version is free. It also has a decent HDR section to it.
Size limit is GPUs so on my iPad 4096x4096 and will save as tiff, png's, gif, jpg where you can set quality, default is 100% or best quality.
Filters are all adjustable
When I looked this up I found I had it before but it wasn't currently on my iPhone. I'll have another look.

I like the one with the streaking clouds best. I find it adds some dynamic direction to the image. Besides that, it just looks cool.

View attachment 76177
View attachment 76178

View attachment 76179
I love what you've done with the place, but I also have to admit the original rocks :)

View attachment 76177
View attachment 76178

View attachment 76179

Cool workaround :)
Also attracted shooting architecture (reminds me to put a few of those to my gallery) I like both images. That 'original' one for its static ZEN approach, the second one for the friction it creates of the moving/dynamic background and the static building. :)

You're right about that. Apps like Slow Shutter Cam can do moving water blur or light trails but not clouds like this. Good solution!

Back
Top Bottom