MCC Rules:
  • Mobile photography colour images
  • Please list device/s and apps used to create your image
  • Winner will choose theme/no theme and judge the next MCC
  • Please see the Rules and Guidelines for MobiChallenges posted HERE
Judge: rizole

Theme: No Theme

Last edited:
Attended an Ed tech conference last week. One of the keynote speakers, Dr Moriba Jah speaking to us from the University of Texas, used the phrase 'sitting in the filth of our own bathwater' in reference to all the space junk orbiting the planet. That set of a little banter on the WhatsApp group and I threw this together off the back of someone else's comment.
All done in snapseed, not an entry, just a bit of fun.
47301860-01.jpeg

Attended an Ed tech conference last week. One of the keynote speakers, Dr Moriba Jah speaking to us from the University of Texas, used the phrase 'sitting in the filth of our own bathwater' in reference to all the space junk orbiting the planet. That set of a little banter on the WhatsApp group and I threw this together off the back of someone else's comment.
View attachment 200679
The rubber ducky is a nice touch

View attachment 200679
This is hilarious!!!

Interesting…what’s the pointy thing? And is that someone’s mansion in the foggy distance?
The pointy thing is a sculpture called the Guardian or the Sentinel (can't remember which). Better shot here.

The street is West Cliff Drive, which runs from the Boardwalk in mid-Santa Cruz north to the city limits at Natural Bridges beach. Over the years, all the houses along here have been revamped into luxury homes, many of which are expensive short-term rentals or AirBnBs. On Zillow, purchase prices run from $2 million and up -- it's pretty much all money that comes from Silicon Valley, which is just 30-40 minutes away over the Santa Cruz Mountains. I walk along West Cliff regularly -- it's where many of my seaside shots come from -- and I swear I hardly ever see a living soul in any of these houses or even a car parked in the driveway (except for work crews doing yet another remodel).

Back
Top Bottom