Mel's Macros

Fine and Dandy!
6850591951_41275cdda1.jpg

Snail Paced
6850599313_978ca712f1.jpg

Mel, are these similar to the lenses you are using?

http://photojojo.com/store/awesomeness/cell-phone-lenses/

I made the mistake of buying these last July when they were not compatible with the iphone 4/4S - they would work if you had a case and I only use a Mophie case. Just sold those lenses on ebay.

But would like to get these new ones now but I know I will be stung with customs charges - so if anyone in the US would be kind enough for me to get them posted to you and you then post to me, hopefully would avoid customs charges (charges here sometimes cost the same as the actual item - rip off UK!!!).

Or as I have the Olloclip maybe this one would be better to get http://www.amazon.co.uk/0-67x-Angle...OK1O/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1328874335&sr=8-5

Veevs they come with magnetic rings that you can either mount on your case (which I do) or you can put it directly onto the back of you naked phone. They come with a flash notch too so they do not cover your flash

Are you using a camera app or the camera on the iPhone?
I just use the phone's standard camera :D

Veevs said:
But would like to get these new ones now but I know I will be stung with customs charges - so if anyone in the US would be kind enough for me to get them posted to you and you then post to me, hopefully would avoid customs charges (charges here sometimes cost the same as the actual item - rip off UK!!!).

I would be happy to Veevs! :D

Sent from my iPhone using MobiTog

This was such a hard subject :confused: the little guy was about 5mm (no idea what that is in fractions of an inch but think VERY small) and he was translucent! I think he is a baby of the other spider I took photos of earlier in the week.
I dare say very proud of himself snagging himself a catch!

6855054131_64be6dd99c.jpg

6854818907_594285fa0d.jpg

Another microscopic creature I think it is a fruit fly about 3mm in length
6854836949_5e2bcc12a2.jpg

Ladybug
6853379407_f7bc95878f.jpg

And finally a raindrop on a frangipani
6854170587_1d5a308371.jpg

Veevs they come with magnetic rings that you can either mount on your case (which I do) or you can put it directly onto the back of you naked phone. They come with a flash notch too so they do not cover your flash

I just use the phone's standard camera :D

Thanks Mel, sorry am being a pain but these do stick on the 4/4s right? Coz the ones I bought last year didn't - they only stuck on a case.

Thanks Mel, sorry am being a pain but these do stick on the 4/4s right? Coz the ones I bought last year didn't - they only stuck on a case.

Your not being a pain I am more then happy to answer any questions.:inlove:

They won't stick directly no, there is nothing metal in the phone back to adhere the lens too. They work via magnets, but see here on my case there is a metal ring that comes with the sets on ebay...this can be stuck directly to the phone itself (has strong double sided sticky tape stuff) and can stay there without impeding the camera or flash and that way the optional lenses just pop on and off when you need them.

6833945235_4c36c96e75.jpg

Oops sorry, didn't explain myself properly. Just wanted to know if the metal ring stuck properly on the 4/4s. It's good they do stick as the older versions the metal rings just slid off. Thanks Mel :D

Oops sorry, didn't explain myself properly. Just wanted to know if the metal ring stuck properly on the 4/4s. It's good they do stick as the older versions the metal rings just slid off. Thanks Mel :D
ahhh!! Gotcha now!! They do seem nice and sticky that one had been on my case for almost 6 weeks no sign of it budging anytime soon.

WOW!!!!!!

I'm just amazed how you can get these shots! Wonderful, all of them! :D

Sent from my iPhone using MobiTog

I was determined to get a grasshopper to look at me , antisocial creatures they are, always with their backs to the camera.
6899392641_6e0c1e053f.jpg

Had to laugh when I was going back through the shots and saw I even got him cross eyed lol (shame the focus was off)

6899419621_865d10a0d7_m.jpg

mahoganyturtle said:
I was determined to get a grasshopper to look at me , antisocial creatures they are, always with their backs to the camera.

Had to laugh when I was going back through the shots and saw I even got him cross eyed lol (shame the focus was off)

Love this!!

Back
Top Bottom