Mojo Jo Jo’s photos

EE9D4958-6492-4FB7-9F8C-F3EB03E0F9A1.jpeg

39A1AE35-2510-4410-96F4-34F45262BB32.jpeg

7CB2814F-6860-411A-8762-86D49D759F3F.jpeg

Thank you very much!! Y’all really keep me going. I put them up on my personal Facebook page and some groups as well and instagram
I do enter on photocrowd and just started a little on viewbug. I don’t know much about those pages but do it because, what the heck ☺️. I have some photos that make top ten percent but as a whole I don’t do very well at all. And I won’t lie, it makes me pretty bummed, not that I expect to win at all but when some pics are at the bottom of the barrel in ranking, ugh
It's all very mysterious, isn't it? I have images that do well on Instagram but get only polite nods here. I have other images that get applause here and little response at all on Instagram. Sometimes I've had an image chosen as a winner in the B/W or MobiColour challenge when I thought a different image I'd entered was better. And I've had images that received honorable mentions in competitions like the IPPA yet didn't get spectacular response here or on Instagram. Oh, and I've posted images that I didn't think were anything special only to find that they strike a chord with some people.

I think a lot depends on who's looking at your image, what other images they're seeing at the same time, what mood they're in, whether they're just browsing or looking critically, how much of your work they've seen before, etc., etc., etc. I think once you release your work into the wild, you give up any control over it and just have to watch what happens. Everyone sees something slightly different in an image, and most likely noone sees exactly what you do.

That's why, I think, we get the advice to post what you love rather than trying to impress any particular audience. Since we have the good fortune to be amateurs rather than professionals, we have the absolute luxury of pleasing ourselves first. Once we've done that, we can toss the result out into the wider world and see how it bounces.

It's all very mysterious, isn't it? I have images that do well on Instagram but get only polite nods here. I have other images that get applause here and little response at all on Instagram. Sometimes I've had an image chosen as a winner in the B/W or MobiColour challenge when I thought a different image I'd entered was better. And I've had images that received honorable mentions in competitions like the IPPA yet didn't get spectacular response here or on Instagram. Oh, and I've posted images that I didn't think were anything special only to find that they strike a chord with some people.

I think a lot depends on who's looking at your image, what other images they're seeing at the same time, what mood they're in, whether they're just browsing or looking critically, how much of your work they've seen before, etc., etc., etc. I think once you release your work into the wild, you give up any control over it and just have to watch what happens. Everyone sees something slightly different in an image, and most likely noone sees exactly what you do.

That's why, I think, we get the advice to post what you love rather than trying to impress any particular audience. Since we have the good fortune to be amateurs rather than professionals, we have the absolute luxury of pleasing ourselves first. Once we've done that, we can toss the result out into the wider world and see how it bounces.
Thank you!! I understand everything you’re saying! .
I always told my husband, and probably said it on here too, that I may not know what I’m doing but I know what I like..and that’s what I shoot.

Next step: Ask yourself now and then what it is you like about your favorite images? What do they have that others don't? For me, anyway, that works better than looking for what's wrong in an image.
Thanks for the advice! I really do love taking pictures. I do it all the time

L
Thank you very much!! Y’all really keep me going. I put them up on my personal Facebook page and some groups as well and instagram
I do enter on photocrowd and just started a little on viewbug. I don’t know much about those pages but do it because, what the heck ☺️. I have some photos that make top ten percent but as a whole I don’t do very well at all. And I won’t lie, it makes me pretty bummed, not that I expect to win at all but when some pics are at the bottom of the barrel in ranking, ugh haha
I’ve only been taking pictures October so I don’t know much about anything concerning what to do with my pictures, are my pictures even worth doing anything with ‍♀️. Any advice on what Im doing wrong or what I should be doing?
I never heard of photocrowd or viewbug. :lmao: I think your photos are gorgeous, but if you are an absolute newbie I would recommend the way I started, watching (or reading) everything I could find on technique. I do get a bit caught up in research.https://iphonephotographyschool.com/category/tutorials/ has several free articles in different techniques, And of course, YouTube probably has a million videos. In the end, you should take photos for yourself.

L

I never heard of photocrowd or viewbug. :lmao: I think your photos are gorgeous, but if you are an absolute newbie I would recommend the way I started, watching (or reading) everything I could find on technique. I do get a bit caught up in research.https://iphonephotographyschool.com/category/tutorials/ has several free articles in different techniques, And of course, YouTube probably has a million videos. In the end, you should take photos for yourself.
Thank you! ❤️

Back
Top Bottom