IOTM Winner - Feb 21, Sep 22, Mar 24
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Ann
Device
iPhone15
Onsite
Project Page
I just couldn't go back to my iPhone 6 now. I am sure that when the iPhone 8 comes out it will be even better but boy, the camera on the 7 just kicks ass. I have found close ups particularly amazing because of the depth of field that the 7 creates. Focusing on an object that is not in the centre of the photograph is crucial.

None of the photos you see here have been edited (apart from signature) unless stated. All taken with the native camera.

IMG_8367.JPG

Square crop in Snapseed

IMG_8364.JPG

IMG_8365.JPG

IMG_8366.JPG

Cropped and slight tune in Snapseed

IMG_8363.JPG

IMG_8369.JPG

IMG_8368.JPG

IMG_8371.JPG

Crop

IMG_8372.JPG

IMG_8373.JPG

IMG_8370.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
These are gorgeous, Ann, especially the bee and the bird. (I can't over the feeling the bird is saying "Hey look guys, I'm a Bird of Paradise!")
Thanks, Ted. I feel like a fraud with such a good camera. I wouldn't have attempted getting birds in the past. Just too far away but this just gets you that little bit closer that it can now sometimes be possible.

These are all great photos. Your flower photos came out much better than mine. Nicely done!!!
I'm sure it won't be long before you are churning out some wonderful stuff with your 7, Mel. Can't wait to see what everybody else produces.

I just couldn't go back to my iPhone 6 now. I am sure that when the iPhone 8 comes out it will be even better but boy, the camera on the 7 just kicks ass. I have found close ups particularly amazing because of the depth of field that the 7 creates. Focusing on an object that is not in the centre of the photograph is crucial.

None of the photos you see here have been edited (apart from signature) unless stated. All taken with the native camera.

View attachment 83937

Square crop in Snapseed

View attachment 83938

View attachment 83939

View attachment 83940

View attachment 83941

View attachment 83942

View attachment 83943

View attachment 83944

Crop

View attachment 83945

View attachment 83946

View attachment 83947

Amazing [emoji4]

View attachment 83937

Square crop in Snapseed

View attachment 83938

View attachment 83939

View attachment 83940

View attachment 83941

View attachment 83942

View attachment 83943

View attachment 83944

Crop

View attachment 83945

View attachment 83946

View attachment 83947

Great close-ups.

I'm sure it won't be long before you are churning out some wonderful stuff with your 7, Mel. Can't wait to see what everybody else produces.

Great photos. It just makes me sad that by the time my 7+ arrives it will be winter so colourful nature close-up are quite a while away.

Beautiful images How do you like Asian country?
Hot and humid
Enjoy your trip ImageArt
Thank you. Well, I know Singapore is meant to be hotter than Hong Kong where I live at the moment, but every time I have gone I haven't noticed any difference. Admittedly it has always been more or less this time of year which is a pleasant time to be in either Singapore or Hong Kong.

I like Singapore a lot. It is probably my favourite Asian country although my very favourite place is Langkawi in Malaysia which is where we are going for Christmas. This is like my paradise holiday. We stay in the rainforest area and there are lots of animals and birds and the golf course is beautiful. I think this is the 5th time we are going there and will probably be the last now for a long time.

Thank you. Well, I know Singapore is meant to be hotter than Hong Kong where I live at the moment, but every time I have gone I haven't noticed any difference. Admittedly it has always been more or less this time of year which is a pleasant time to be in either Singapore or Hong Kong.

I like Singapore a lot. It is probably my favourite Asian country although my very favourite place is Langkawi in Malaysia which is where we are going for Christmas. This is like my paradise holiday. We stay in the rainforest area and there are lots of animals and birds and the golf course is beautiful. I think this is the 5th time we are going there and will probably be the last now for a long time.

Singapore is relentlessly hot. At least HK cools off for a few months. The Lion City is fine if you toe the line but threaten the Lee family business and they will crush you without mercy. It's still basically a police state with good landscaping. Disneyland with the death penalty, as William Gibson dubbed it in his classic Wired piece. It also has too many Singaporeans, but I digress

This is like my paradise holiday. We stay in the rainforest area and there are lots of animals and birds and the golf course is beautiful. I think this is the 5th time we are going there and will probably be the last now for a long time.
It sounds amazing! [emoji7]

Singapore is relentlessly hot. At least HK cools off for a few months. The Lion City is fine if you toe the line but threaten the Lee family business and they will crush you without mercy. It's still basically a police state with good landscaping. Disneyland with the death penalty, as William Gibson dubbed it in his classic Wired piece. It also has too many Singaporeans, but I digress
Well, I left out something I thought of saying - apart from our hotel, we got the worse service generally than I have ever experienced. Pure indifference. I walked out of a cafe after waiting 20 minutes for them to bring me my cappuccino and I have no doubt they forgot. Yes, I understand what you say. The Singaporeans are terribly arrogant and I am sure that living there you will feel the viewpoint you express but I love going to the two gardens and the Wetlands and taking photos. I sometimes find the awful litter and junk lying around in other Asian countries quite depressing and it just makes a change to be in a place that is spick and span. I'm sure I would find it too sterile after a while.

Well, I left out something I thought of saying - apart from our hotel, we got the worse service generally than I have ever experienced. Pure indifference. I walked out of a cafe after waiting 20 minutes for them to bring me my cappuccino and I have no doubt they forgot. Yes, I understand what you say. The Singaporeans are terribly arrogant and I am sure that living there you will feel the viewpoint you express but I love going to the two gardens and the Wetlands and taking photos. I sometimes find the awful litter and junk lying around in other Asian countries quite depressing and it just makes a change to be in a place that is spick and span. I'm sure I would find it too sterile after a while.
If you look at an Asian country with Chinese people esp from China you will find them littering and throwing rubbishes around speak loudly. As for the Singaporeans they are quite arrogant people cos they are afraid to lose but their street are quite clean. As for my country Malaysia is a bit worst(littering) cos of the illegal immigrants from India and Indonesia but the local people are quite friendly and helpful
Further up north is a bit cool and if you are visiting Langkawi don't forget to bring an umbrella with you cos its the inter-monsson period.
Do enjoy your holiday there and the beaches, golf course, rainforests and mountains are very beautiful.
Looking forward to see you captured photos

Back
Top Bottom