IOTM Winner - Sep 20 + Jan & Nov 21
Mobi Veteran
Real Name
Jilly
Device
iPhone 13 Pro Max
Onsite
Project Page
This is the place to celebrate and showcase all of your beautiful black and white images. This is a theme-free zone so, as long as it's black and white, just about anything and everything goes!

The Rules are simple:

1) All images must be taken and edited on a mobile device: a mobile phone, tablet, iPod or iPad.

2) All images must be simply black and white and all of those lovely shades of grey. Beware grunge edits which may add colour. If I notice an image that has a hint of colour I'll let you know so that you can change it and repost. Or I can delete it and you can repost; not a problem.

3) Any app(s) can be used in the making of your image, editing is permitted, but this must be done on a mobile device (see 1) above).

4) Please remember to add a title and a description of your image and what apps were used. We love to know how you did it.

Last entries before midnight UK time on Saturday 25th August. Judging will take place on Sunday 26th August or soon thereafter.

This week's winner RoseCat Catherine will be our guest judge for the coming week.

Please also see the MobiTog Rules and Guidelines for all MobiChallenges posted HERE.

Last edited:
A72CC81A-C640-4DEE-AABB-3B0DE6AF1917.jpeg
I’ll start it off this week :)
Statue in the park
iPhone 7+, Snapseed

View attachment 113141 Fishing net shadows on the harbour front, Anstruther, Scotland. Shot with ProCamera and post processed with VSCO.
Well spotted Robert. I love the way the net casts an undulating shadow. :thumbs: And it’s like one of those optical illusions - do you see diamonds or circles between the lines.:D

Several weeks ago I got a spotting scope and an iPhone adapter for photos. I haven’t been very happy with resulting photos so far, until i decided to try out Hipstamatic. It was just a random setting, but I kind of like the sketchy look to it. I’m not sure if attaching the iPhone to a scope is allowed at Mobitog, if not, please disregard.

Sticks
Hipstamatic, Snapseed
07465DBE-D142-4223-BF8B-336492159719.jpeg

And why wouldn’t it be allowed? I had similar feelings about the image quality I got using my iphone with binoculars or with a telephoto lens and spotting scope adapter. A lot of light is lost through a scope in this process, the equivalent of shooting at f11 or smaller, so the brighter the light at the time the better your results. I also suspect that the viewing resolution through binoculars or a scope is not as high as through a telephoto lens for a dslr camera. Try a camera app that uses RAW format to avoid jpeg compression artifacts and avoid ISO settings above 64 to avoid image noise. I think I had my best results with Prime - the focus peaking helps to fine tune the focus. Getting your iPhone precisely aligned with the eyepiece makes a big difference, too. Also try excluding any stray light getting in between the iPhone and the scope.

Back
Top Bottom