B&W RESULT:#90 Black & White Challenge

Several weeks ago I got a spotting scope and an iPhone adapter for photos. I haven’t been very happy with resulting photos so far, until i decided to try out Hipstamatic. It was just a random setting, but I kind of like the sketchy look to it. I’m not sure if attaching the iPhone to a scope is allowed at Mobitog, if not, please disregard.

Sticks
Hipstamatic, Snapseed
View attachment 113157
That's fab. I saw another pic of yours of an egret either here or on Instagram and loved it so I think it is definitely worth keeping up. I would love to get some close ups of birds.

That's fab. I saw another pic of yours of an egret either here or on Instagram and loved it so I think it is definitely worth keeping up. I would love to get some close ups of birds.
It’s fascinating just to watch the birds. Sometimes I get so caught up in their activities I forget to shoot some images.

Love this. In the thumbnails I thought it was a Rizole special. Which aremaC effect did you use? Perfect.
It was photographed directly within ameraC and the names of the presets are not recorded in metadata so I don’t know which one it was. It was also photographed on my previous phone so I might not even have that preset on my new phone.

24892019-8A88-484E-B1B8-7F77DFFC41A8.jpeg
Z marks the spot
Hipsta then iOS camera noir

It’s fascinating just to watch the birds. Sometimes I get so caught up in their activities I forget to shoot some images.
I miss having a wetland area close. We do have a very small one with a hide but it only seems to have a couple of geese or mallards. When we lived in London I was just around the corner from the London Wetland Centre and could spend hours there.

Another week of August has come and gone and soon we’ll be in September. Eeek. But before that, I have a Black and White Challenge to close and a new one to open!

I now pronounce this particular challenge CLOSED! It’s RoseCat Catherine’s task, when she’s finished learning the secrets of defying gravity first hand from deepop David, to choose her favourites. No hurry my dear. I know you’ll be having great fun with David and Grace, so don’t fret about the judging.:D

And talking of new ones, here’s the link to the #91 Black & White Challenge: https://mobitog.com/threads/new-91-black-white-challenge.23382/

Thanks @jilly! Just got back from a beautiful hike... and now I’m ready to dig in here. Be back soon! :D

There were lots of images I loved this week, but for me there was a clear winner.... as soon as I scrolled to this one I knew. :inlove:

Congratulations to YellowRose Mary for “My little ray of sunshine”. Such a beautiful portrait, and who could resist this smile, and that perfect curl of hair?? :inlove: Congrats Mary!!

6124D959-EA9D-4F2E-890F-15C66E4217F1.jpeg

Second place is @FundyBrian’s “A visit to the Shoe House”. Just love the composition and edit.

9D55D825-3ADF-4CED-B132-42E52A9FF200.jpeg

A very close third for Starzee Star’s “Sticks”. I love the feeling of “lightness” in this image, due to the composition and wonderful edit. So unique and beautiful!

ACAA6262-2A45-41D4-A010-EC1DABBEA45B.jpeg

Honorable mentions to deepop David for “Chicago” and “Before the Rain”, rizole for “8.50” and “On the Beach”, sinnerjohn for his Bukowski flowers, and of course (being the Cat Person that I am :rolleyes:) Lynne.Peterson ‘s “My little Lucca”. :hearteyecat:

Well done everyone!! :inlove::notworthy:

There were lots of images I loved this week, but for me there was a clear winner.... as soon as I scrolled to this one I knew. :inlove:

Congratulations to YellowRose Mary for “My little ray of sunshine”. Such a beautiful portrait, and who could resist this smile, and that perfect curl of hair?? :inlove: Congrats Mary!!

View attachment 113378

Second place is @FundyBrian’s “A visit to the Shoe House”. Just love the composition and edit.

View attachment 113379

A very close third for Starzee Star’s “Sticks”. I love the feeling of “lightness” in this image, due to the composition and wonderful edit. So unique and beautiful!

View attachment 113380

Honorable mentions to deepop David for “Chicago” and “Before the Rain”, rizole for “8.50” and “On the Beach”, sinnerjohn for his Bukowski flowers, and of course (being the Cat Person that I am :rolleyes:) Lynne.Peterson ‘s “My little Lucca”. :hearteyecat:

Great choices, Catherine. Well done, Mary, Brian and Star! And the HMs!

View attachment 113378

View attachment 113379

View attachment 113380

Excellent choices :)
And, thank you for the HM ... Lucca is always a good subject <3

View attachment 113378

View attachment 113379

View attachment 113380

Another great B&W challenge. Thanks very much for my second! Congrats to Mary and Star and to all the HMs, well done!

View attachment 113378

View attachment 113379

View attachment 113380

Great choices, as usual. Congrats to Mary, Brian, Star, John, Rizole and Lynne. Thanks for the HM.

Back
Top Bottom