Our Pets: Furred, Feathered or Scaled

Another visitor: "Eudora" (no relation)

View attachment 83869

6s+ no edit. One of the benefits of a tall DH. I couldn't get close enough for a good [albeit non-macro] shot. But isn't this cool, her feet & shadow showing up nicely :)

Edit: that's the ceiling, btw.
:eek: :eek: :eek: Is that a recluse???
I am still working on large spider issues.... especially inside. I don't mind them outside in their own space, if something this gigantic was in my house I don't know what I'd do!!!! :eek: :barf: I always catch spiders inside and put them out, but what the heck do you do with this???

I am still working on large spider issues.... especially inside. I don't mind them outside in their own space, if something this gigantic was in my house I don't know what I'd do!!!! :eek: :barf: I always catch spiders inside and put them out, but what the heck do you do with this???
Keep feeding it and hope it gets lonely. :lmao:

It's a huntsman - harmless and not particularly big. This one could span my hand easily, but we get them big enough to span DH big muso hands. Usually they find their own way out. In my medicine woman grandmother's story, a visit from Spider means resolution of a problem :)

Attachments

• IMG_7136.JPG
    IMG_7136.JPG
    24 KB · Views: 65
It's a huntsman - harmless and not particularly big. This one could span my hand easily, but we get them big enough to span DH big muso hands. Usually they find their own way out. In my medicine woman grandmother's story, a visit from Spider means resolution of a problem :)

View attachment 83980

From Pinterest, source unknown.
I thought huntsman at first, but yours didn't quite look like the Google images.
....EGADS....
I KNOW spiders are good, and I WANT to love all of them equally, but right now I'm so glad we don't have these in my neighborhood. :alien:

p.s. "Not particularly big"!?!?!? :barf: :eek:

View attachment 83980

From Pinterest, source unknown.

Does the size count? I've been only visited by small spiders. Means only small problems? [emoji15]
And I'm okay as long as the stay in their webs. I feel scared if not. But they keep my flat mosquito free. [emoji4] but yes, I rather have them outside and though I don't actually like them, they are pretty interesting when you have a closer look. [emoji4]

..... as huntsmans go :) all things being relative. Our famous redback spider is a tenth of her size and her bite can make you very sick .

That's informations that would let me cancel my trip to Australia. [emoji16] You have such wonderful animals there, sure my favourites are wallabies and koalas, but also you have so many creepy venomators. I'd underestimate them till it's too late … though I'd really like to see your country.

That's informations that would let me cancel my trip to Australia. [emoji16] You have such wonderful animals there, sure my favourites are wallabies and koalas, but also you have so many creepy venomators. I'd underestimate them till it's too late … though I'd really like to see your country.

Gouvy mashables has a top ten list for tourists :)

Edit: I see Nat Geo has a top 30

At first I thought they are now also in the UK. But it's still Australia. [emoji29] [emoji4]
But the cross spiders living at my friend's garden in London are quite big, too. Body the size of my thumbnail. But as long as they had their webs in the bushes in the garden and not my room, I was okay. [emoji1]
I even had a rose bird eating spider on my hand back in 1988 at the Helston animal park. After at least 5 children had her before I didn't mind. Strange feeling that was. But I think the bigger ones may be more poisonous but much calmer. And I prefer to stay calm, too. As long as they don't attack me I have no reason to attack them. [emoji4]
And the spider exhibition at the Senckenberg museum (before I went on holiday) was more interesting than scary. Got done nice shots. [emoji4]
Still I won't choose them form my pet … [emoji1]

Back
Top Bottom