Our Pets: Furred, Feathered or Scaled

Hehe, cats don't seem to have any interest (or recognition) of images on screens. I've never been a dog owner but do your dogs watch TV and react to it? Lucy is totally oblivious to it

Watch telly? Oh you wouldn't believe it! They spread out right in front of the tv. They can watch it for ages until another dog or cat appears, Then its Armageddon!!!!
Their fav program at the moment is the simpsons! My daughter switches that on and they go totally silent. Thing with dogs and cats on tv tho is, if it runs off screen they run round the back of the tv unit looking to see where the critter went ROTFL!!!!!

Watch telly? Oh you wouldn't believe it! They spread out right in front of the tv. They can watch it for ages until another dog or cat appears, Then its Armageddon!!!!
Their fav program at the moment is the simpsons! My daughter switches that on and they go totally silent. Thing with dogs and cats on tv tho is, if it runs off screen they run round the back of the tv unit looking to see where the critter went ROTFL!!!!!
Wow that's amazing, our Lucy is totally disinterested/unaware of images on screens, maybe she's got some faculty missing in her brain! Surely pets' brains are not capable of interpreting screen images? Maybe in a couple of thousand years time, they will evolve to understand screen images? Dogs are probably far ahead of cats in that respect

Wow that's amazing, our Lucy is totally disinterested/unaware of images on screens, maybe she's got some faculty missing in her brain! Surely pets' brains are not capable of interpreting screen images? Maybe in a couple of thousand years time, they will evolve to understand screen images? Dogs are probably far ahead of cats in that respect
errrrr.....My dogs are dumb! I mean....what intelligent being would think something on telly would pop out the side when it dissapears off screen? lol.
Oh i forgot, they love youtube when ive got it on the tablet.

errrrr.....My dogs are dumb! I mean....what intelligent being would think something on telly would pop out the side when it dissapears off screen? lol.
Oh i forgot, they love youtube when ive got it on the tablet.
Do you think it's the sound and flashing lights that grabs their attention and then when it stops they rush to the back of the tv to see where it's gone? I'm pretty sure their brains aren't wired to recognise 2 dimensional images on a screen or page. Any animal neuroscientists/behaviourists around on Mobitog to shed light on this? Lol

Last edited:
Do you think it's the sound and flashing lights that grabs their attention and then when it stops they rush to the back IG the tv to see where it's gone? I'm pretty sure their brains aren't wired to recognise 2 dimensional images on a screen or page. Any animal neuroscientists/behaviourists around on Mobitog to shed light on this? Lol
Well, They Growl at dogs, cats, seem to love horses. They ignore every cartoon except the simpsons. I've tried muting the tv but it has no effect. I'm sure they recognise whats on tv, In fact im totally convinced.

Well, They Growl at dogs, cats, seem to love horses. They ignore every cartoon except the simpsons. I've tried muting the tv but it has no effect. I'm sure they recognise whats on tv, In fact im totally convinced.
That's amazing, is it just with your dogs or you noticed it with other pets too? I'm wondering if my cat (British Blue) is cerebrally challenged lol

That's amazing, is it just with your dogs or you noticed it with other pets too? I'm wondering if my cat (British Blue) is cerebrally challenged lol
I see a lot of dogs...dobermans, dalmations, alsations, boxers etc etc. Many of my family have them. They all have their moments, and favorites of what will grab their attention. A classical one is my aunts two dobermans....If tennis comes on, they both watch the ball going back and forth. You can turn the channel over and confusion of the dissapearing ball dissipates after a little while but try physically turning the tv off without the remote and you can get a rather worrying growl.

I see a lot of dogs...dobermans, dalmations, alsations, boxers etc etc. Many of my family have them. They all have their moments, and favorites of what will grab their attention. A classical one is my aunts two dobermans....If tennis comes on, they both watch the ball going back and forth. You can turn the channel over and confusion of the dissapearing ball dissipates after a little while but try physically turning the tv off without the remote and you can get a rather worrying growl.
Yes I'm sure it's a dog thing, i've had cats all my life and never seen that in them. Dogs are far more evolved in that respect

Lazy Sunday Afternoon
zevuqa3a.jpg

GS4, Snapseed, SimplyHDR

My loves watching Tv . She likes to watch animals especially dogs. She also likes SpongeBob

Back
Top Bottom