Printing a spider web

Catch me up Ted ..what’s MPA?
Ah, Mobile Photography Awards, it's a yearly competition open to all smartphones. It's one of the big ones, along with the iPhone Photography Awards (iOS only) and probably the Mira Mobile Prize. It costs to enter -- $15 for one image, $30 for 3, and on up. Categories are here.

I think it's fun to enter, even if you don't think you have a prayer of an HM, because it forces you to decide which few of your photos are going to look best to the judges. I find it forces me to look at each photo in a different way than I usually do and make some tough decisions.

Ah, Mobile Photography Awards, it's a yearly competition open to all smartphones. It's one of the big ones, along with the iPhone Photography Awards (iOS only) and probably the Mira Mobile Prize. It costs to enter -- $15 for one image, $30 for 3, and on up. Categories are here.

I think it's fun to enter, even if you don't think you have a prayer of an HM, because it forces you to decide which few of your photos are going to look best to the judges. I find it forces me to look at each photo in a different way than I usually do and make some tough decisions.
Wowie! That’s serious business. Thanks for the info.

Yes indee—y. I am having a hell of time deciding which to enter. I mean if I going to enter one why not enter 3 or 6 or…….

terse Ted, I have checked the website over and can’t find any reference to needing permission from people to use their image. Did you see anything?

terse Ted, I have checked the website over and can’t find any reference to needing permission from people to use their image. Did you see anything?
Nope. The only related things I found are in the FAQ:

1. Entrant asserts that you have the right or authorization to submit your images to the Mobile Photography Awards and that the images you submit are your original work and do not infringe on any copyrights or any other rights of any third parties.
  2. You hold the Mobile Photography Awards and their respective management, judges, subsidiaries, agents, sponsors, vendors, and affiliates harmless from any and all claims of liability resulting from your entry.

Nope. The only related things I found are in the FAQ:

1. Entrant asserts that you have the right or authorization to submit your images to the Mobile Photography Awards and that the images you submit are your original work and do not infringe on any copyrights or any other rights of any third parties.
  2. You hold the Mobile Photography Awards and their respective management, judges, subsidiaries, agents, sponsors, vendors, and affiliates harmless from any and all claims of liability resulting from your entry.
I took this at brewery watching a band. I like the way the kids line of vision goes, but I have no idea who they are or who the parents are. Guess I’ll skip entering this one.
IMG_1732.jpeg

I took this at brewery watching a band. I like the way the kids line of vision goes, but I have no idea who they are or who the parents are. Guess I’ll skip entering this one.
View attachment 198658
I'd be twitchy about entering it in a big contest, too. It's a great capture, though, and if you cropped in on the kids in color, and maybe played with the lighting a bit, it'd have that Accidental Renaissance look.

I'd be twitchy about entering it in a big contest, too. It's a great capture, though, and if you cropped in on the kids in color, and maybe played with the lighting a bit, it'd have that Accidental Renaissance look.
I don’t usually photograph kids unless I know the parents. I don’t like to post on Instagram without permission, although I have never had a parent not give me permission to post. I believe if you are in a public place you can photograph anyone you want to. But with kids……

Back
Top Bottom