B&W RESULT: #02 Black & White Challenge

2225fa09479ab1bf857ea1a5d3eab799.jpg

Anzac Bridge

Snapseed, reflect, Gloomlogue

Lovely and unique bridge!

Lots of strong images this week. I've been joined in the judging by 6 year old Lauren this week who is very clear on what she likes and doesn't. We haven't reached full agreement so I've had to pull rank for a couple of pictures I like.
I'm awarding 1st place to JillyG framed
img_2624-jpg.85352

I love the simplicity, balance and the feel of being drawn in. Strong work, well done.
If Lauren had had her way terse would have won with Hodge in the afternoon so well done there too.

Second place goes to Jasongag. Many excellent entries but The Boathouse and the City was the standout one for me. Love the energy. Lauren dismissed it out of hand as being messy but she can talk, you should see her artwork.

Third goes to sdimbour for the Eiffel Tower Painter. Nice pic that we both liked. You can feel the years he's probably been doing that for.

There were many more in our shortlist so apologies if you've not been mentioned. Thanks everyone.

Lots of strong images this week. I've been joined in the judging by 6 year old Lauren this week who is very clear on what she likes and doesn't. We haven't reached full agreement so I've had to pull rank for a couple of pictures I like.
img_2624-jpg.85352

I love the simplicity, balance and the feel of being drawn in. Strong work, well done.
If Lauren had had her way terse would have won with Hodge in the afternoon so well done there too.

Second place goes to Jasongag. Many excellent entries but The Boathouse and the City was the standout one for me. Love the energy. Lauren dismissed it out of hand as being messy but she can talk, you should see her artwork.

Third goes to sdimbour for the Eiffel Tower Painter. Nice pic that we both liked. You can feel the years he's probably been doing that for.

There were many more in our shortlist so apologies if you've not been mentioned. Thanks everyone.

Thank you rizole Rizole for judging this week's black and white challenge, and thank you for my first place. I'm thrilled. Well done to Jasongag Jason and sdimbour Sandra. I'll now troop over to the gallery with my picture under my arm. Great work everyone.

Last edited:
Thanks rizole and Lauren (beautiful name).

Congrats JillyG Jasongag sdimbour (special congrats Sandra for a winner in your first Mobi Challenge. Look forward to seeing more of your work in our challenges :))

Lauren, I think you made very sensible comments. I have to agree, for instance, that terse' Hodge is a beauty. But ginger cats are known to be quite the smarty-pants, and he (Hodge) gets very big-headed when he wins too many challenges.

And I think Jasongag would agree that 'messy' is certainly a reasonable description of some of his work. But it's a kind of 'messy' that looks really nice in a frame on your wall!

rizole , we've a thread somewhere for artworks of our sons & daughters, grandchildren etc. I think CurMichFar started it. I'll dig it up: please invite Lauren to share some of her artwork? if she'd like to, we'd love to see it :)

Well done rizole and Lauren!! I love JillyG's image too - congrats Jilly! :D (Lauren, I'm with you regarding Hodge....isn't he just The Best?? :inlove: )

A loud Bravo to Jason and Sandra - lovely work!!

img_2624-jpg.85352

Great choice! Framed really stood out.
Loved all three!

Yes, the misty gorgeousness was fab and I should have put you in as at least a honorable mention Mik. Unfortunately Lauren found the images scarey. Lovely shots though.
:lol: Funny, but she does have a point... love seeing these through the eyes of a child. :thumbs:
Yes, whilst we, as adults, long for the outdoor solitude that these images evoke.

Good job rizole, thank you for teaming up to select this week's MobiB&W iMages... :thumbs:

Congratulations to Jilly on an excellent first place with an eye-catching frame job, well done... :notworthy:

And well done all Runners Up, (including terse) and to all our many participants with, as usual, really superb entres, thank you all... :inlove:

Of course, we must recognise the selection of one of our most recent MobiMembers in sdimbour well done Sandra, a first class start to your MobiChallenge participation... :D

Back
Top Bottom