B&W RESULT: #04 Black & White Challenge

The dice icon does that (if I get what you mean). It's at the bottom right in the iPad version and left of center at the top in the iPhone version.

In Diana you can direct it to select the random photos from a particular album. I set up an album with photos selected for layering, in Diana or other layer apps. I find it makes the random selections more productive.

Yes, it is nice when some likes one of your photos but I think there is some danger in allowing outside influences to affect your own path. Be true to your own instincts and when you go on a tangent remember where you left off.
I agree mostly, but not entirely.

We are all, here, posting our work in public, for others to view. What are we doing that for, if not for reactions from the viewers? And what's the point of those reactions if we don't pay attention to them? We don't need to zig and zag with every viewer's twitch, but if we don't register the reactions, if we aren't going to be affected by them, why go public at all? (I'm leaving aside the extreme egotist view of "Behold my creation and be enriched!")

Being affected by them is not the same as being controlled by them. (The effect, for example, might be "You &^#@$% idiot, you ignored everything important in that image. Well, see if you can ignore THIS, you #*&$^!")

Art is communication. For those of us who have the luxury of being non-professionals (even un-professionals), every work surely has a private/personal side but also has a public side as well. In any genuine conversation, both parties adjust both their expression and their understanding constantly as the conversation develops. I think it stretches the definition a bit to call art a conversation in the usual sense, but I believe there is a conversational interaction -- perhaps spread widely across time and space -- between artists and audiences.

(Oh dear, better stop now or I'll start getting all academic and hermeneutic. And no, Jen, I'm NOT going to do that.)

We are all, here, posting our work in public, for others to view. What are we doing that for, if not for reactions from the viewers? And what's the point of those reactions if we don't pay attention to them? We don't need to zig and zag with every viewer's twitch, but if we don't register the reactions, if we aren't going to be affected by them, why go public at all? (I'm leaving aside the extreme egotist view of "Behold my creation and be enriched!")

Being affected by them is not the same as being controlled by them. (The effect, for example, might be "You &^#@$% idiot, you ignored everything important in that image. Well, see if you can ignore THIS, you #*&$^!")

Art is communication. For those of us who have the luxury of being non-professionals (even un-professionals), every work surely has a private/personal side but also has a public side as well. In any genuine conversation, both parties adjust both their expression and their understanding constantly as the conversation develops. I think it stretches the definition a bit to call art a conversation in the usual sense, but I believe there is a conversational interaction -- perhaps spread widely across time and space -- between artists and audiences.

(Oh dear, better stop now or I'll start getting all academic and hermeneutic. And no, Jen, I'm NOT going to do that.)

You put it eloquently. Thank you.

Only if your objective is trying to make those people happy.
That's a false equivalence. People may like things that do not make them happy, particularly when it comes to art. If you have some intent in the art you create, postive reactions to that art likely signal that you were able to communicate that intent. The intent might be to make them happy but not necessarily.

Hahaha i just realized and happy and laughing at same time, that since my first enter b/w challenge (at #3 challenge), this threads "not just" for postings images but become a place for broader discussion about anything else :)

Don't know if it happens also in others threads or just in b/w challenge :)

I can dig that. I'm only saying what I said because I have experienced being swayed in the past by the opinions of others and that was OK in the short term, but in the long term it took me longer to get where I was reaching for. The problem is that people can only see what you have already done and not what is growing within you that has not yet reached fruition.

That's a false equivalence. People may like things that do not make them happy, particularly when it comes to art. If you have some intent in the art you create, postive reactions to that art likely signal that you were able to communicate that intent. The intent might be to make them happy but not necessarily.

Thank you again!

Hahaha i just realized and happy and laughing at same time, that since my first enter b/w challenge (at #3 challenge), this threads "not just" for postings images but become a place for broader discussion about anything else :)

Sondy, when you get a chance, check some of the other threads & challenges. For instance, you might like the Two Week one App challenge, hosted by sinnerjohn, in which we practise with (and talk a lot about) one app at a time :)

I have experienced being swayed in the past by the opinions of others and that was OK in the short term, but in the long term it took me longer to get where I was reaching for
Yes, I know what you mean. And I expect we all have to experience that at least once, maybe more, to develop a good feel for when that's happening.

Sondy, it happens all over Mobitog. That's what makes it a wonderful place to be. :)

Monk at the Ananda Temple, Bagan, Myanmar
Hipsta, Stavros, AOBW

e39aacf7bfdbe89bb33fafb40cabea1f.jpg

Back
Top Bottom